Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nah I'm not giving this dick free publicity. He's got till this week to prove his worth and if he doesn't the shit will hit the fan. Next week you can bomb his premises.

Mate offered me a drive off his work International the other day.

Had to refuse as I ain't insured to drive it.

We had an old Mack bogged on the farm the other day, until it got bogged the old girl was doing well, all that low down grunt beats the crap out of newer trucks.

The old Indirect Injected motor's had some big talk down low.

Thanks to the high compression.

Hey whats a good Motherboard and CPU worth these days.

Couldn't give a rats arse about gaming.

This old girl is nearly the same model as the one used in Mad Max. Everything it has is down low, and it beats any other truck we've had on the farm, if it wasn't for the dog getting stuck on the pile of stone he'd have got the truck out, albeit with a little sliding but it would have easily gone if the trailer pull was straight.

It all depends on brands. I generally only use Asus and Gigabyte stuff unless someone wants cheap shit but those brands usually come at a higher price. It would also depend on the chip, most shops will tell you you need an i7 for everything from checking emails to running word, but that's crap and you could save dollars buying an i5.

It really depends how much you want to spend because deals can be made for just about any figure, however you may also need to check your RAM in might not fit in newer boards depending on it's age and there is nothing worse than budgeting for two items and finding out later you need 5.

The 1 I usually use is a i5 650, Gigabyte motherboard. 6 gig of Ram. Works pretty well.

The 1 needs upgrading is a P4, 3GHZ, 2gig of Ram.

Will the old power supplies work ?

I ts got a DVD burner but hardly use that.

Oh and on the Mack, its the old twin stick setup ?

If the i5 is sufficient I wouldn't bother going any faster unless you just want bragging rights with other geeks. I very much doubt you'll notice a speed difference.

Depending on the age of the PSU, it's only the really old ones (maybe 8-10 years) and the really cheap ones that don't have the required plugs to run a system and if your not using it for gaming you wont need extra power for video, and only running a DVD burner or two is not going to stress even a 350W PSU so providing it has the 24 pin power plug and the 6 pin CPU power plug it should be fine to run a newer i5.

Nah the Mack is the old single stack, I can't remember the exact model but it looks like a heap of shit....that's how you know it's a power house :big_smile:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y9RaxoAktg&feature=autoplay&list=FL10FZqmdYYSIJQosVEodk0g&playnext=8[/YT]

Is this the same Mack mate ?

Overkill but will stay good for a while.

Yeah but for what 98% of computer users do with their home PC's a P4 would be sufficient. For home use I wouldn't even bother spending that much money, but then I'm always into selling practical pc's not profitable pc's I leave that to the glory hounds who thing the size of their computer is directly proportional to the size of their dick.

Is this the same Mack mate ?

Nah despite all it's power you'd never tow a decent dog with that toy.

The one we had bogged is more like

776531.jpg

Can't believe the number of posts regarding the various performance chip topics. :confused3:

It's one thread per electron in each chip.

what do they call them, flintstone?

They might do but when it comes to low down grunt and pure guts to drag itself out of the shit or to not get caught in the shit in the first place old Flintstone technology beats todays technology.

Latest posts

Back