Dodgy fusable link?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xav

Reaction score
Hey I've got a 2002 3ltd nav and what I think to believe is the fusable link (not 100% sure if that's what it's called) is melted on the inside of the plug, but I can't seem to find anything that looks like it at all so I can replace it. Its a connection on one of the positive battery leads that looks to go towards the fuses and makes the Ute go into limp mode when it warms up and then struggles to start after it unless I unplug it and clean and plug it back in. Does anyone know if it is the fusable link or if I am googleing the wrong peice. If it is right then what one am I ment to buy as they all look very different to my one. Cheers in advance.

I too am having trouble with fusible links in the loom, sorry I can not help you but to say if there is no short present then just bypass it temporarily to test again to help diagnose it, if you fear there is a short then ad a quick blow fuse to your bypass rated for that circuit.
Does the link have continuity?
Unplugging and cleaning it more sounds like a connection problem than a fuse.
Is all the pins located correctly and not burnt etc in the plug?
Hope that helps.

I too am having trouble with fusible links in the loom, sorry I can not help you but to say if there is no short present then just bypass it temporarily to test again to help diagnose it, if you fear there is a short then ad a quick blow fuse to your bypass rated for that circuit.
Does the link have continuity?
Unplugging and cleaning it more sounds like a connection problem than a fuse.
Is all the pins located correctly and not burnt etc in the plug?
Hope that helps.
The pins look fine it's just the plastic melting around it and sticking to the metal but after a good clean out the trucks been running fine for the past few days but Im assuming that it's just a temp fix.

Yeah,
The pins look fine it's just the plastic melting around it and sticking to the metal but after a good clean out the trucks been running fine for the past few days but Im assuming that it's just a temp fix.
Melted plastic can't be a good sign, something somewhere causing it to overheat.

Yeah,

Melted plastic can't be a good sign, something somewhere causing it to overheat.
Yeah I have a feeling that it's from it not being secured down so for the time being I've taped it down so it cant move around when I drive to see how that goes, or could be the aftermarket radio that's been added in as it doesn't turn on all the time

Yeah I have a feeling that it's from it not being secured down so for the time being I've taped it down so it cant move around when I drive to see how that goes, or could be the aftermarket radio that's been added in as it doesn't turn on all the time
Doubt it is from not being secure, so long as it's not vibrating apart.
Careful, things melting and switching on and off may result in releasing smoke from the wiring and maybe worse...

Just a comment. If the connector is moving and causing heat as a result, it could be a poor connection in the plug. If you can pull plug apart, “bend” gently each copper female connector with plies so that when male connector is next inserted it will have a tight fit. If unable to remove female connectors use something like a pair of circlip plies (type that close when you squeeze grips). Put points in each side of connector from front and squeeze gently to bend connector. Reasemble and test. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back