Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnnKmBiYBGw&feature=related[/YT]

There's the XD and the rock.

I'm not of the new generation that goes straight to youtube for evidence of everything I was doing it from memory :ha:

I was pretty close for an old man with a fading memory!

He nearly killed a marshall on the day the Tru Blu Falcon got airbourne after that rock.

For the older guys.

Did people cry and complain when the 351 got killed off, like all the people who are still crying because the TD42 got killed ?

Despite years of neglect the only thing that killed our old 351 (in the mates F100) was the bushfires, but it wasn't really a race spec engine so it wasn't really one that was ever killed off.

I've got to read up more on it, but I can't wait for other manufacturers to join in. Holden/Ford, meh, that got stale ages ago for me anyway. While we definately won't be seeing any twin turbo VS v8 races, as they will all be built to guidelines, this will inject some variety into this category. I was concerned that the cars would be eventually "Nascar" style silhouette cars, but they say not.

WooHoo, bring it on.

Still early days I doubt even AVESCO know exactly what the control engine will be yet.

Meh, they flogged the V8's with the 4 cylinder turbo's, 6 cylinder turbo's and no doubt the Nissan V8 will do the same.

Meh, they flogged the V8's with the 4 cylinder turbo's, 6 cylinder turbo's and no doubt the Nissan V8 will do the same.

no...they were different days.....I dare say rules will be similar to what it is now...all engines, cars must meet "XYZ"
or why would they bother going back to those days that were hated by the majority and sense brought about what many love today.

I am just curious as to what Nissan V8 motor they have that will do the job.
Perhaps at the end of 2013, when they have not had a podium all season, they might have a rethink.

So it seems NISMO Motorsports will have a fair bit of input into the engine for the V8SC. Nissan engine or Control engine?

Latest posts

Back