Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just curious as to what Nissan V8 motor they have that will do the job.
Perhaps at the end of 2013, when they have not had a podium all season, they might have a rethink.

Dumb question. I know they are the V8 supercars, but do they have to run a V8??

I've never thought about before, I always just thought if you wanna win you need the biggest motor possible, hence V8, but memories of Godzilla are still pretty clear.

Yeah but it's not like they will just bring one out of the cupboard and wrap a few plastic panels around it and call it a Nissan. The engines from all manufacturers will be heavily controlled and not far short of identical to ensure no team has an engine advantage. You will also get to a point like the current crop where the teams with more money make engines for other teams.

888 current provide engines for about 8 different teams and they aren't all Holden's, that sort of thing will still happen in the COTF project and chances are given their R&D budgets teams like 888 will probably already be looking into how to make engines for the other interested manufacturers. Nissan being involved doesn't automatically mean Nissan Australia have began playing with all the new toys themselves.

Brakes? Don't all these racing cars have autobrakes on them like the computer games that say things like "as real as it gets" on the box?

I reckon so, they need to keep up their strength.

Toyota are thinking of coming in as well ... here's the proof!

1625u-toyota-corolla-discover-2nd-generation-940x529.jpg

Number plate says it all ...

We used to have one of those but ours had a vinyl roof and the front panel was dented from where the old man ran it into a culvert drain. They sound like V8's at 11pm in the garage with the exhaust manifold off.

why does everyone think nissan will run a V8?
why cant they run a Turbo 6 ,as long as the HP/KW is similar to the V8s?

Given the governing body is AVESCO and the format is V8 Supercars why would they run a turbo'd V6 that no one else is running and not a control motor like everyone else?

its known as V8 supercars because its the best Australia has to offer...
nissan isnt Aussie,,
they let them race 4s,6s and V12 before, so why not now?
as long as the power output is similar who cares how many cylinders you have.

its known as V8 supercars because its the best Australia has to offer...
nissan isnt Aussie,,

Glad you cleared up those two points.

they let them race 4s,6s and V12 before, so why not now?

Because back then it wasn't V8 Supercars or AVESCO it was just touring cars, which race in different formats throughout the country but obviously don't make the money the V8's do or they would have the same publicity wagon.

why does everyone think nissan will run a V8?
why cant they run a Turbo 6 ,as long as the HP/KW is similar to the V8s?

Because they have to, it's in the rules for COTF.

Any manufacturer can join, they must use their own V8 or the control engine.

Latest posts

Back