Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Control chassis, control transaxle, control ECU, engine limitations... It won't be a Nissan by any stretch. Like the NASCAR Camrys.

My money is on the next manufacturer to weigh in being Hyundai. One of the fastest growing brands, money to burn and a reputation to build.

With so many controlled parts we could have GW racing before long, atleast then the Kelly brothers would have a chance to beat someone.

Yeah except that it's still only badge versus badge, the rest of the car is fairly controlled and may not be specific to any one car manufacturer.

holy shit it is a GTR thats going on track...well its going to be slaughter house for the red and blue team unless they detune

lols at:

The official announcement of Nissan's plan was made in Melbourne at 11am today and Skaife is upbeat about the involvement, while hosing down fears of the sort of domination that came when the company raced its 'Godzilla' Skyline GT-R.

"This needs to be looked at both on and off-track. On-track, V8 Supercars has told Nissan that we will make the same commitment to them as Ford and Holden. We'll build their prototype and get it homologated and ready for racing under the Car of the Future regulations," he said.

"But they cannot dominate like they did with the Godzilla car. We want them to be competitive and challenging to win races, but they cannot dominate.

Last edited:
if it is a GTR thats going to race,then i call the Kelly Bros...geniuses for switching....
fords wont get a podium all year.....i love it

On-track, V8 Supercars has told Nissan that we will make the same commitment to them as Ford and Holden. We'll build their prototype and get it homologated and ready for racing under the Car of the Future regulations," he said.

In other words any manufacturer is free to join but if they think they can just bring their faster car to the track and beat us then we wont stand for it.

Once again proves the badge on the front is only there for die hard fans to get wet over.

Everything is going to heavily mandated, how much difference do you think there is currently between Holden and Ford? The same or even less free reign will be given to all the teams when it comes to "car of the future". The idea is to create wider competition but never have a clear leader that blitzes everyone else so the only way they can do that is by mandating as much of each vehicle as they can.

The series is boring as batshit.

I wanna see road cars, not some tube chassis with panels on it.

I doubt you will ever see that to the same extent as it once might have been again in this country the fans just don't want it. Bogans or not the V8's as they are answered the call of the public who went and saw them while many other forms of motor sport in this country had trouble surviving. At the very least that's given Tony Cochrane and his boys the ability to tell people what they still want to see.

But I just find it lame there still using outdated engines, well the last time I watched it anyway.

I wanna see current motors.

I love Nissan's, (obviously cause I'm part of this forum) have had a patrol and I am on too my second Navara, BUT! If nissan enter ther V8 supercars I will never watch it ever again.

Ford can run there Supercharged 5L V8 in the GT.

Holden can use there 6.2L or whatever there using.

Nissan can use the VK50VE.

Latest posts

Back