400 KG Leaf Springs

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Rusty, have just been speaking to brad at sax, the problem is the camber in the new style which forces the rear hanger forward which doesn't let the spring flex , resulting in a shit ride

Which begs the question why is he selling them still if its known they do not operate properly?

I made the decision to fit SAX springs, torsion bars and shocks all round a few days ago. I didn't talk about on here because I knew that several of you guys had problems with your setup and I didn't need the extra doubt in my head. I thought long and hard about it and I made a few calls to them to talk about the problems I had read about on here. I decided to give them a go after discussing the issues with Brad and getting a great price and I got them fitted today.

WOW! What a FANTASTIC ride!! My car is about 6 months old and the suspension was stock. It is my first torsion bar front end vehicle and when I first took it over some bumps I was surprised at how the front end bottomed out (I think) at not very great speeds and not big bumps. For example, exiting my work driveway at about 15 km/h; the lip of the driveway to the road would have been 60mm max, and I reckon the front hit the bump stops. On road, every irregularity in the road was transferred through each wheel to the steering wheel.

The ride now is great. I no longer feel every irregularity in the road but haven't lost any "feel for the road" either if that makes sense. I have the performance pack in and am currently running the back empty and the back runs great as well. It is rock solid on the road even when cornering or hard stopping.

I had been dealing with Brad in the lead up and met John today as well. John supervised the fitting, test drove the car and came with me when I test drove it. my dealings with both of the guys were great and they were both happy to discuss the issues that had been raised by some of you here.

I am very happy (in case you couldn't tell). I know that it would be difficult at the least (maybe not viable at all?) for those of you with problems to go and see the guys because of where you live, but if you were able, I am sure that your issues could be sorted in a day. I also believe from my conversations with them that they do want to sort you issues out if you can bear with them. I know that can be easier said than done, especially if you feel you have been getting nowhere for some time.

Anyway, my experience has been nothing but positive.

Brett

Hey nofx
Glad you have had a good experiance with them, that is great but there are some of us who haven't. I was actually talking to John today after they fitted yours and he was telling me how great they were, it's good to hear it off you too. I was talking to him because i had another set of springs show up today and they are still the wrong ones, they won't fit, so you can see how frustrated i am and peeved off because this has been going on for months.Any way he is sending me out another set of springs (4th set they will be) and they are going to be the exact same as the ones they put on yours. So if they are good as you say they are i will give them good feedback for sorting this out for me. You don't know how lucky you are to get a good set first up, it seems me and a few others have been guineapigs for them while they have been trying to get it right.
Cheers

Well guys fitted the new set of springs today and what can I say, they are awesome it took a couple of months to get it sorted but now it is I couldn't be happier, going away tomorrow can't wait to see how they go offroad, I hope everybody gets theirs sorted soon.

Hi nofx,
Are you for real or do you work for these blokes?
If they are so good how come they don't send us a set, there was no 'right price' for us, just 3 months of rough rides and stuffing around!!
Can you please post some pics so we can compare?
cheers fj

To all those people with dramas it finally seems they have resolved the problem. I'm sure that John and his team will be sending out new springs to replace the s*** set they got. I'm glad to hear things are finally being sorted. Post some pic s of the new springs.

Yeah, I wondered if people might think I laid it on too thick! Yep, I can do the photos but it won't be at least until the weekend. I only had today off to get these fitted, back at work tomorrow. I won't lie, I think the price I got them for was to encourage me to get on here if I felt it was a good product. It still could have back fired on them, because I would have been on here if it was no good as well. It really is a shame that you guys had a bad experience with them.
What sort of photos? I'll take some of the car from side on and some of the spring hangers and shackles. I'm not puilling wheels off but for a photo but just so I can put em back on again! Anything else?

Well guys fitted the new set of springs today and what can I say, they are awesome it took a couple of months to get it sorted but now it is I couldn't be happier, going away tomorrow can't wait to see how they go offroad, I hope everybody gets theirs sorted soon.

Hey angryranga,
Pleased to hear they have sorted your problem.
My new ones are still rough, just wondering are yours the same configuration with one extra leaf or different altogether?
fj

To all those people with dramas it finally seems they have resolved the problem. I'm sure that John and his team will be sending out new springs to replace the s*** set they got. I'm glad to hear things are finally being sorted. Post some pic s of the new springs.

Well they haven't resolved my problems and i think i have been having them the longest, i mean how many sets of springs do i have to go through. Who pays for all the extra labour, John said he would fix my mechanic up for all the extra labour and the mechanic told me today he hasn't recieved a cent. It really is bulls%%t.
How much did they pay that guy to get on here and give them a good rap, maybe he does work for them. Anyway i said a while back christmas would come and go and things wouldn't have changed and i'm still going through the bullsh%t. HO HO HO Merry Christmas

Mine are mean't to here tomorrow.

See how they go, Brad seems ok. However, he is payed to look after there business.

Well they haven't resolved my problems and i think i have been having them the longest, i mean how many sets of springs do i have to go through. Who pays for all the extra labour, John said he would fix my mechanic up for all the extra labour and the mechanic told me today he hasn't recieved a cent. It really is bulls%%t.
How much did they pay that guy to get on here and give them a good rap, maybe he does work for them. Anyway i said a while back christmas would come and go and things wouldn't have changed and i'm still going through the bullsh%t. HO HO HO Merry Christmas

Apart from being wrong and baseless, you are also offensive. Perhaps you work for *insert competitor's name here* and are a plant to discredit others. I know, ridiculous right? I simply related my experiences. They were:
  • i found them helpful
  • I found them willing to talk about the problems that others on here had
  • I got a good price
  • The product drives fantastically well over the stock suspension.
Does it drive better than another brand? I don't know, I haven't tried other brands.

As the title of these posts "400KG Leaf Springs"..... is there a difference between them and the "Performance Pack"? I believe the performance pack has a range of 200kgs up to 800kgs.... but I would assume the 800kgs would only want to be there for a short time b4 it would start effecting it??

Just curious here, but those fellas having the problems, have u got the performance pack or a heavier duty version (ie: >400kgs)??

I'm not sure what or if I'll ever change mine.... I've currently got ARB ones installed that are currently in a flat shape.... don't know whether thats the norm or not though..... seems to ride ok I guess but I've got nothing to compare it with...

rob

Hey angryranga,
Pleased to hear they have sorted your problem.
My new ones are still rough, just wondering are yours the same configuration with one extra leaf or different altogether?
fj

Hey Farmer Joe,

They are different the, the 3rd stage spring is the same, but all the rest is different, the springs in the pack are not as thick and they don't have as much bow in them and they are longer so the rear shackle is pointing backwards and actually working correctly. And they shoule be pianted black.

Apart from being wrong and baseless, you are also offensive. Perhaps you work for *insert competitor's name here* and are a plant to discredit others. I know, ridiculous right? I simply related my experiences. They were:
  • i found them helpful
  • I got a good price
Does it drive better than another brand? I don't know, I haven't tried other brands.
He is just pissed off he has had to put up with so much crap from this guy, try to see it from his perspective and not that of a personal attack.

• i found them helpful
  • I got a good price

Sorry if i was a bit offensive.
All i want is what i paid for "a comfortable ride" which i haven't, instead i have been through months of bullsh%t getting springs put in, pulled out, put in, pulled out, put in pulled out.
Anyway i am glad that you are happy with yours, i wish i lived closer so i could take mine into them to get fixed as well.

As the title of these posts "400KG Leaf Springs"..... is there a difference between them and the "Performance Pack"? I believe the performance pack has a range of 200kgs up to 800kgs.... but I would assume the 800kgs would only want to be there for a short time b4 it would start effecting it??

Just curious here, but those fellas having the problems, have u got the performance pack or a heavier duty version (ie: >400kgs)??

I'm not sure what or if I'll ever change mine.... I've currently got ARB ones installed that are currently in a flat shape.... don't know whether thats the norm or not though..... seems to ride ok I guess but I've got nothing to compare it with...

rob

I've got the full performance pack springs, shocks and torsion bars

Hey Farmer Joe,

They are different the, the 3rd stage spring is the same, but all the rest is different, the springs in the pack are not as thick and they don't have as much bow in them and they are longer so the rear shackle is pointing backwards and actually working correctly. And they shoule be pianted black.

Sounds like they are the same as mine, but I find them very direct and you feel every bump in the road. I loosened the front hanger bolts, which were very tight, but they still don't move because they have put plastic on the inside of the hanger as an anti rattle device but they didn,t spread the hanger, so I will spread them and give that a go.
Yes they are painted black and there is 6 leaves.
fj

Back