The Places I Go

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
454835038_fb646d505d_o.jpg

Once you hit the dam and the bridge, go south to the Tonto National Monument, keep going south until you hit Globe. Its a mining town and looks every bit the part. Here you can turn West and head back towards Phoenix. Still have a lot to explore between Globe and Phoenix.
2322680305_f5eeb0489b_b.jpg

And up high, this water tank located at a much higher elevation.
3696450539_23eb4fca25_b.jpg

There is a camp ground in the area just off highway 60. This is one of the trails leading away from it and towards what is called Hackberry trail.
I have yet to run that full trail as it is kind of technical and you should have at least one other truck with you to pull you out of a bad spot.
3697508329_d34632513f_b.jpg

Further up that trail.
3695571391_042121a1d6_b.jpg

This is the first week of what we call Monsoon Season here in Arizona. There is not usually a lot of rain but we get a lot of humidity, awesome looking clouds and dust storms, usually all at the same time. Today we had a dust storm about an hour ago set against the backdrop of purple, orange and pink clouds. When you drive from Phoenix towards Superior, just before you get there you will see this rock, and if you are lucky you will see it during Monsoon Season.
Picket Post Mountain.
2656903905_3bc8f9802e_b.jpg

Hey Fella I'm in Navada at the moment well LasVagas and Bloody hell its Hot , The Grand Canyon is so good for photos Is it OK for you to post these photos ? or are you part Indian Lol :)

I have only been to the Grand Canyon once and my pics from there are not so good. The lighting was mid day bright and bleachy so it has always been my intention to go back someday, spend a week or so around the canyon and hopefully get some shots that thousands before me have not already.
We, the Nissan community, have a few folks in that area of Nevada. Henderson and Las Vegas. How long are you going to be in the area?

As hot as it may be there now, that is pretty typical for this time of year but the heat wave around the rest of the country is above normal so at least you are somewhere where people expect it and have air conditioning.

One of my favorite areas near Superior, the Montana Mountain Look, in the distance you can see Roblas Butte.
3973684772_20ea7f919d_b.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back