Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We had a party early January & a family friend had come in their new D40 (mind out of the gutters please folk although I know a D40 can have that effect on people, particulary the fairer sex).

Anyway at some stage she asks me whether mine has the same problem as theirs. She said it feels like the steering gets stuck when she turns into a parking spot & she has to reverse & have another go which she finds embarrasing. I am looking at her real strange but try to comfort her by saying they do have a big turning circle & sometimes I have to have a second go at a parking spot. I must admit that I often feel a bit like Francesco Schettino at the helm of the Costa Concordia.

Don't want to offer too many words of wisdom as she will spot me for a tool but I do impart some knowledge I have gathered here on this great forum (suck hole) and remind her that they should only use 4WD when they are loosing traction in 2WD due to issues of stretching the transfer chain.

Well at the first service it was found to be in 4WD high. It looks like for up to 1500ks. No strange noises noticed.

Last edited:
If she's only done 1500ks I wouldn't expect to hear strange noises. If any car manufacturer can't make a 4wd that can survive such a short distance in 4wd no matter what surface it's on they deserve to go bankrupt.

If she's only done 1500ks I wouldn't expect to hear strange noises. If any car manufacturer can't make a 4wd that can survive such a short distance in 4wd no matter what surface it's on they deserve to go bankrupt.

her problem might now be that nissan know its been in 4wd high on the the black stuff and knock back a future warranty claim on thet if it arises

Yeah that could well be an issue. Makes you wonder what they have written about anyone on file really, we could all have files on us.

Yeah that could well be an issue. Makes you wonder what they have written about anyone on file really, we could all have files on us.

well they have a wealth of info right here dont they.

NISSAN are BASTARDS:redcool:

oops..:confused2: , there 's my Tourettes again :sorry3:

No I'm fn not

oh dear, :dummy:..i should go and BASTARDS umm lie down.

Maybe that's in your file too, next time you go in they will try and fix it for you, god knows they can't fix cars so they have to be good at something.

Back in the nineties they had a 86 model rodeo at work, got driven from ballarat to colac in 4 high and it was a rebuild job

Technology has changed in twenty years sonny :ha: While I agree it's not done practice 1500ks and major problems would be a kick in the arse for any manufacturer

I don't know that they are stronger but it's just like everything else, they are built with tolerances and someones always going to push those tolerances and others are going to follow the letter of the manufacturer.

Toyota never expected my mate to drive his last Prado 140K without a single service yet he did and when trading it in calculated the costs of missed services and the figure the dealer said he'd loose for not having regular services and he was still in front. Just because a few manufacturers suggest something doesn't mean it has to be gospel just like it doesn't always end the worst possible way.

I don't know that they are stronger but it's just like everything else, they are built with tolerances and someones always going to push those tolerances and others are going to follow the letter of the manufacturer.

Toyota never expected my mate to drive his last Prado 140K without a single service yet he did and when trading it in calculated the costs of missed services and the figure the dealer said he'd loose for not having regular services and he was still in front. Just because a few manufacturers suggest something doesn't mean it has to be gospel just like it doesn't always end the worst possible way.

Dont think i will be buying a cheap prado

Been gone for 2 1/2 years now I bet when Yota on sold it the service books was stamped with regular service intervals. Someone did tell us they saw it on the yard with an up to date service book but we never confirmed it.

Diesels are made to go forever. The International B414 is a mid 60's model and I know for a fact it hasn't had an oil change in the 15 years the mate has owned it. Only maintenance it's had beside the battery (positive earth systems are fun) is a new starter motor about 5 years ago.

If a car manufacturer can't make parts today that handle more than the service books states there is something wrong with them. Obviously it's a risk not adhering to the service books but when you look at the way some people treat their equipment it's obvious missing a service or running in 4wd or many other things are not always going to kill things.

Four friggen hours to remove the starter this afternoon. Changed the 4 front drive shaft boots 8,000ks ago & noticed 2 (on different sides) are shagged already. Another time consuming ba$^@rd to fix.

I have had 2 good last days. Averaged 4.5 hours both days.

Have pretty good runs, but I cracked the shits a few times.

Speed limit is 100km/h, why the beep do people do 80km/h in 100km/h zones.

I am thinking now that elderly drivers should be tested, I had a old bloke in a Excel pull out in front of me. He excerated so slowly, I had to jump on the brakes to avoid rear ending the Excel.

I followed him for 10km's and he ventured onto the wrong side of the road about 10 times.

Other then that, days were awesome.

Dave.

Your Avatar is great........i like

Latest posts

Back