Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The sad thing is it happens to us all at some stage.

We tried to herd 44 angus around the farm yesterday, took 1 Prado, 1 quad bike, 1 Tractor and 2 on foot and we still couldn't get the buggers out of one paddock and into another, I'm sure we looked like city slickers :big_smile:

They came and got the Polaris yesterday, we were happy with it as a machine but not so happy with the price, going to try and get a Grizzly for a test drive and see how that goes. One of our guys blew the piston out of a Kawasaki quad yesterday, we don't one of those :big_smile:

Polaris suits us as a bonus the importers are in ballarat so any parts we have needed can be had that day unlike our old fiat tractors 3 days for parts if you pay air freight

We'd rather have one that doesn't break and need parts :smile:

We were talking about it today and if we were going down the Polaris route we'd want the Ranger and it's price is about $22K (rego etc) but that's not really an attractive price for us at the moment so we go back to the $12K (ish) range and in that range the Polaris isn't hugely different from the Grizzly.

For a small engine/vehicle the old polaris needed bugger all in parts other than expected items. I wouldnt be in a hurry to drop 22k either

We aren't far from getting a bill for 280 bails of silage, cut, rolled and bagged so the bike might have to wait until we sell a few more moos anyway.

Also gotta get the Ferg serviced soon and that's gotta go back to the dealer because they can't do the brake pads on site since they have to split the arse end of the tractor to do it.

Yeah if only the cows appreciated all the efforts and come market time they put on the best show so we get maximum dollars, but no it's always the humans going the extra yards and the cows just standing there looking stupid.

I did the brakes on the small fendt at work ended getting the pads at luskys in ballarat for about quarter of the price fendt charge . They are a bloody good tractor but parts arnt cheap

The Ferg is a sealed unit, no inspection plate or nothing so it's not an easy job. I'd never buy another sealed unit if I had a choice, we usually do the tractor services on the Kubota but the Ferg is old and annoying, we should have got rid of it ages ago.

Tractors, a segway to my story....

I have an 11 month old steer at home which I bottle fed from an a couple of weeks old but handled since he was born.

He is very tame but a little loopy, especially when he doesn't have his pony mate in the paddock with him.

There is a big round water trough in the paddock which I fill from a tap but I have the tap well out of reach so that he doesn't chew the poly hose & fittings.

Anyway I am leaning across the trough trying to turn the tap off, just as he jumps up to mount me. Lucky I saw him out the corner of my eye because when I stood, it forced him to veer off to the side. It sounds funny but it was very romantic. Nah, it sounds funny but if he had been successful, I would have been buggered, in more ways than one!

I would have ended up head first in the water with who knows how many kilos on top of me & broken who knows what.

Joe maybe you should do that job with your clothes on, you might have something hanging that resemble some udders confusing the hell out of the bull. :sarcastic:

Speaking of cattle Krafty.

They still like the taste of your paint work ?

Nah we've finally got enough of the paddocks fenced off that we can keep them out of our parking area. They still lick the tractor whenever it's parked near but the car is off limits, so now other than the rain I don't really have an excuse for not washing it.

Wifie reminded me this morning of a story she told me during the week about a bloke she knows through her work. Must have been on the weekend or last week when he & his Stock Agent were moving his cattle & the neighbours "tame" bull. It turned on him & gored him to death. :sad:

Latest posts

Back