Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've just returned from Broke, unpacked everything, got our feet up before we finish with everything. Had a few spots of rain in Broke, nothing much, but it was bucketing down going through Hexham. I was pleasantly surprised at how good my wipers worked, and at how much spray the thing throws sideways.

I gotta say, its first haul was wonderful. Used a bit more fuel than I thought it would, came in at a shade over 19litres/100km. The Tekonsha Voyager - once I set it up - performed absolutely wonderfully. The only thing I noticed was that she lost speed a lot more than my Commodore did (driven in the same gentle fashion). I'm guessing it's not the weight - there was really only about 300kg different between the whole setups - but more a perception, created by the noise of the diesel. My Commodore was whisper quiet and absolutely smooth - you couldn't tell the engine was running, even at 80km/h.

Sure know the diesel's belting away haha :) ... it's something I'll have to get used to.

What a shit of a day, got the boat all ready to go, all the stuff ready & the bastard wouldn't start, got some cable out the ute & made a makeshift lead to parrallel up the batteries & left the ute ticking over for 15mins to charge it. In the water, starts ok, go out for a few hours & suddenly we've got temperature warnings followed by smoke from the engine, turns out a belt had shit its self so we're floating in no mans land! So much for buying a brand new boat to avoid these problems. Anyway, the buggers we bought it from pick it up tomorrow & fix it under warrenty.
Banned from beer by the missus which isn't going down well either.

I want you all to pray to the fish god's for us and make all the big fish extremely hungry tommorrow.

Appreciated, thanks

I just had one of them big days when you think it's all over and race home for a shower at 4.15pm so you can go for a Christmas drink with some clients (real estate) only to find a fax in the macine from same said client from 12.42pm (no phone call) "JOB URGENT- HOUSE DRAINS BLOCKED AND OVERFLOWING" aaaarrrrrghhh!!! I diddn't make Christmas drinks with the Ladies so I'm having a few at home now!
At least the tennant was a nice lady and her friend even nicer!! (not in a norty way!!!)

Cheers and beers Brad

I want you all to pray to the fish god's for us and make all the big fish extremely hungry tommorrow.

Appreciated, thanks

I'll chuck a line in the water down here, they'll be up your way in no time. Failing that I find the best time for catching fish is when the fisherman has food in one hand and a tinnie in the other.

Had a great day, Matt caught three fish to my two, but he caught one by the ass so it shouldn't count :p :p :p

DSCI0120Medium.jpg

Snagging one is still catching it, it's just pot luck. Looks like you guys had fun!

I've been thinking of exploring Medowie or nearby forests tomorrow, wife's off in Sydney and I'm left in the house with little to do - got all the work done today, so tomorrow's a freebie.

man that fish was in the wrong place at the wrong time,but hey they all taste the same on the bbq.nice work Matt, great photo

Nav is getting a oil change today, I have done a hell of a lot of driving lately.

Wednesday I was out at lake St Clair.

Old Tony, I know you love the Hunter Valley. Let the gf drive from Muswellbrooke toward Sandy Hollow and we ended up at Merriwa and came back through Scone.

The gf is on her L's so I gave her a drive.

I recommend the drive to Merriwa, beautiful place and scenery.

Dave.

I got my canopy on today, I'll get some pics of it tommorrow up the beach. I am going to inskip Pt just for the day with Shane75 and another mate. Should be a good day.

spent the day with friends at the river with a mates new centre console w/150hp mercury motor, goes sweeeeettttt...

had a donut and some other floating raft thingy which we got towed on and it was pretty intense at 30 knots with peak of 38 knots.

was hilarious watching the girls constantly fall off and it hurt like shit in the donut as i kept getting air and pounding into the waves

bloody good day though

Latest posts

Back