Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going to give the Nav a good clean this weekend, might go to UV4X4 for a look around as well.

Sort out the camping gear, bit of a garage cleanup.

I saw a good movie last night as well Matt, Public Enemies. About John Dillinger, not bad.

It's in Brendale mate, they also have a shop at Ennogera. Not too bad, bit exxy but you need to bargain with them.

I have spent most of today wiring up my dual battery. What sort of twisted individual decides they want to be an auto sparky? What a shit of a job!!

Tell me about it, I have to finish all that on mine this weekend. Wires are currently sitting behind the back seat waiting to go through into the tub but I've been waiting for a canopy to arrive so all the good bits weren't out in the open. But the canopy is sitting waiting to be put on so that means battery, fridge, camera and aux power is this weekend job

I have spent most of today wiring up my dual battery. What sort of twisted individual decides they want to be an auto sparky? What a shit of a job!!

I'm a sparky and have done plenty of stuff on cars in the past, mostly audio & the usual stuff boy racers and their mates get into.
Anyhow, I put a dual battery on my D40 a couple of weeks ago and without doubt it was the most stressful pain in the arse job i've ever done! I put mine in a drop box below the tray which I managed to measure wrong, meaning the battery had to be dropped in from the top, then the box offered up to fixings from below. Nightmare.

This weekend I have to finish wiring a house (last house i'll ever do!) and if that gets out the way on Sat i'll take the boat out on Sunday, can't wait.

Just flicking through 4wd Monthly/Action/Custom Action, I got to thinking, how do some of these things get into this mag? Like a Prado with a camper trailer and a fridge, big bloody whoop. Is it a journo's brother in law's car or what? There's a limit to what you can write about something that is completely off the shelf and everybody has one.

Ring em up and give them your story, never know they might pay good money for a story that's worth reading, either that or they will ignore you for a crappy story they dont have to pay for.

theres a reason i picked up 150 of the mags for 25 bucks off ebay, haha

not bad reading though, dad ended up reading them to find out more about the new cruiser utes

Rain, rain, rain and some more rain!
Took our campervan into Taree this morning as we're having a good old fashioned CANVAS anexe made for it. Best bit is we are paying for it with the money we got back from the CBA in dividends for shares I had completely forgotten about some years ago. Yay!

I got a quote for Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac tyres in a 265/75/16 ........................$402.00 a tyre.............................
http://www.goodyear.com.au/TyreDetailAction.do?website=GYR&websegmentcode=RV&mtpcode=00783&from=nPerPage
I think I'll leave em on the shelf for that!

Cheers Brad

Nine hours since my last post and guess what? It's still raining! I'm sitting here looking out the window at the huge puddle under the BBQ table the very area I was going to dig up for a slab this weekend........dang!

You're right though Old.Tony! For that price they sure must be made of some really good stuff. With so many good brand tyres anywhere between $100 to $60 cheaper I will not be looking at them again.

Cheers Brad

In brisbane we had predictions of rain all weekend but again, we got bugger all. I see on the news there are floods down Coffs Harbour way, is that anywhere near you?

Na, Coff's is about three and a half hours drive North from us. They got around 500mm of rain compared to our 150mm. Man that's alot!! Half a meter of rain in two days or so.

Brad

Abit of drizel down here but nothing to bad, helped a mate yesterday with a HQ one tonner.

I have never seen a vehicle with every type of wire used in the car. Only type of wire I didn't see was data cable.

Thing needs a complete rewire, I hate Holden's.

Spending the arvo with the girlfriend after she finishes work.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back