Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am just hoping it's got 4 wheels and a seat!

He's a mechanic by trade he's not stupid but right now he's hell bent on not listening to anything other than his own ideas, even mum wants him to buy a new car and he's saying no.

He's a mechanic by trade he's not stupid but right now he's hell bent on not listening to anything other than his own ideas, even mum wants him to buy a new car and he's saying no.

I'm on your old man's side; who wants to pay $30,000 for the privilege of dealing with Nissan Australia?

I told him to buy a GW, that's only $25K and no money to Nissan :big_smile:

Thats an option...the new model dont look 'alf bad....

and as I predicted on here ages ago, sales are rising and sightings on the street are more and more common.
Still love my '22 though.

Yeah I'm not sure I'd go for a GW but they are definitely looking better and sales are increasing, I doubt they will ever match Toyota or Nissan but people once said Hyuandai would never last too.

It appears he's decided he's going to look at new utes now, no idea what sort but I told him if the bank loan/interest was all that was stopping him buying new then I'd lend him the money, seems to have changed his whole outlook. If he buys a Triton I'm denying finance!!

Yeah I'm not sure I'd go for a GW but they are definitely looking better and sales are increasing, I doubt they will ever match Toyota or Nissan but people once said Hyuandai would never last too.

It appears he's decided he's going to look at new utes now, no idea what sort but I told him if the bank loan/interest was all that was stopping him buying new then I'd lend him the money, seems to have changed his whole outlook. If he buys a Triton I'm denying finance!!

that also puts a GW out of the question as I'm informed they run mitsu engine/running gear.

Nah I don't care what they run I just refuse to let my money be spent on something so ugly :big_smile:

He did mention yesterday that a 4x2 tray might be worth looking at, no idea what the range in those is like but he's currently at one of the local dealers looking at what's around. I told him to go and buy a 550 and he laughed nearly as hard at that as I laughed when he said he was looking at a D22 :ha:

If i didnt have to get a dualcab, I would have gone a single or kingcab type patrol and a steel tray,
i reckon would also be a good choice for the farm ute

I'm fairly sure now he doesn't have to rely on a bank he's definitely looking dual cab and looking 4wd. Despite the farm being mountain goat country we really don't need hard core 4wd ability due to well made tracks and our desire not to dig the shit out of the paddocks but a 4x2 wont cut it so I think the offer of money has atleast got him looking at a double diffa.

Oh yes, I look at 4wd as added insurance for me and not for hard core 4bying,
and STR '22's are still well priced new,
I just would have liked a bit extra driver cockpit room of the patrol.

The same thing that stopped him buying a D22 6 years ago will probably stop him buying one now and that's the lack of a slush box. Now that he's considering trading the crewwie in he's also going to want the new bus for traveling and like me 5000-10,000ks of changing gears on holiday just isn't that appealing.

Yeah thats a sore point for some, though i must say that I give my '22 10/10 for the gear changing it has...tight and have never missed a gear, its still the same now as when I drove out the dealer's, it a pleasure to use and the clutch isnt too heavy,
where as a couple of D40's I've had a drive with were like driving an old holden with a 4 speed aussie, and not to mention some girls I've been with:big_smile:

After 20 years of driving anything from a 4 speed to an 18 speed I figure I've changed enough gears in my time to warrant an easy ride now that my driving is more often for pleasure than work. Dad's excuse is that he's old :smile: and because if he gets an auto mum will drive it, where as at the moment she refuses to drive the Crewwie, and to be honest I don't blame her I hate driving the damn thing too.

Anyone else watching the V8's? It's a boring old race today, there is obviously some good driving out there but it is just cars going around in a circle at the moment.

As a Holden Racing Team fan, I am getting bored of the poor results and the Vodafone team dominating almost every race. On a plus side for me, I got 265/75/16 BF Goodrich tyres put on the Nav yesterday to give that extra bit of height and a bit more confidence when going off road.

Congrats on the tyres but Tander is a friggen sook and should give up his seat to his missus, HRT wont be a permanently strong force until they get rid of Tander.

Latest posts

Back