Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it was 2006 when I saw them, no doubt about it it was a good show I just don't like FH and really think a band like Motorhead could play somewhere bigger, or just do an aussie pub crawl. I saw a guy in a wheel chair get pulled out of the front row the FH crowd at Megadeth in 93, I thought that was dedication.

I thought the Tyres netting thing was stopped years ago when the bastards got caught out clearing the lake of prawns, gotta say though it's been a long time since we did any serious fishing there so I tend not to hear the news, we usually head further east these days but theres not much for the kids further east.

I think it was 2006 when I saw them, no doubt about it it was a good show I just don't like FH and really think a band like Motorhead could play somewhere bigger, or just do an aussie pub crawl. I saw a guy in a wheel chair get pulled out of the front row the FH crowd at Megadeth in 93, I thought that was dedication.

I thought the Tyres netting thing was stopped years ago when the bastards got caught out clearing the lake of prawns, gotta say though it's been a long time since we did any serious fishing there so I tend not to hear the news, we usually head further east these days but theres not much for the kids further east.

sorry netting in gippy lakes not tyers

Oh OK well in the mid 90's the bastard pros were netting the prawns out of Tyres, heaps of amateurs wandering around with nets and prawn lights getting a feed and a select few pros with 20 foot wide nets trailing behind just dragging the bottom collecting fish crabs, prawns and whatever else was there, they didn't care where they walked or who they upset. Then come lake opening time the bastards pretty much just bridged the mouth and took the lot, what they didn't get the bloody trawlers got as they skated backwards an forwards just over the white water. Tyres was once a fishing mecca and the bloody pros wrecked it, I'm all from pro's making a living and catching seafood but between them and the pricks that artificially opened the lake early than nature intended they killed Tyres and 15 years later it still hasn't full recovered.

and speaking of pro's/big buisness cleaning out the our fish stocks,
and all just for pet food and or fert,
while we here get have the shite from shit contaminated rivers in asia.

91 was it, that sounds right because it was the RIP tour, I was at the same concert, 3700 people crammed into FH the largest crowd they played to in Aus for that tour. Was a brilliant show, think Mortal Sin supported (a band I went on to work with in 92).

The Sepultura riots were July the following year we were working backstage and still couldn't avoid the stupidity, I remember thinking at the time how a bunch of dumbarse metal heads has just gone and confirmed the cliche for everyone and tainted the Melbourne metal scene.

Oh shit where is it coming from?

*hides behind the fat bloke*

BOM says it's not likely to effect the WA coast for the next 48 hours as it's nearly 1100 ks from Exmouth still it pays to be vigilant

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh shit where is it coming from?

*hides behind the fat bloke*

BOM says it's not likely to effect the WA coast for the next 48 hours as it's nearly 1100 ks from Exmouth still it pays to be vigilant

I'm out the back preparing. Can't get the bloody genset working as usual so i've come in for a rest and a froffie. Currently charging the battery.

The bloody thing should be here for the weekend and i'm working. Should be interesting.

Just to make things interesting there is a tropical low forming in the Coral Sea... Not much is being said about it at the moment... Hoping if we ignore it, it will go way. We are coping a roasting but all this stuff is makes us Australian.. We fight...cry.. And then laugh about it... Buckle up everyone!

Have they actually issued land warnings for the cyclone yet, all I could find on it before said it was Cat 1 only and no danger to the mainland.

I heard if the weather pattern stays the way it is they are saying that it should not pose any threat but they have also said how unpredictable these tropical lows are so they are keeping a close eye on it. Fingers crossed I leaves us alone, I see you guys down that way are set for a bit of rain now!

I heard if the weather pattern stays the way it is they are saying that it should not pose any threat but they have also said how unpredictable these tropical lows are so they are keeping a close eye on it. Fingers crossed I leaves us alone, I see you guys down that way are set for a bit of rain now!

122 mm till lunch today since monday,

Went to Super Crap today (because it was handy on the way to somewhere else), needed some bungy straps and thought I might buy some spare fuses for the sake of it, figured a small box of a few different fuses might be the go but alas you can only buy 4 fuses of one size in a pack for $5 and their cheapest bungy's were $7 for 2. So I walked out and found 8 bungy's of the same quality for $10 bucks in another shop down the road, for $10 I know they wont moor the QEII but all I need them for is to stop crap moving in the tub occasionally so cheap ones will work. Now looking on Ebay I also find 120 blade fuses for $7.

Same thing happened to my brother the other day buying ute tie down hooks (to hook the tarp down the body) 4 for $12 at SCA, 4 for $10 at BCF and 48 cents each at the upholstery shop.

It's good to see SCA and BCF save us so much money by giving us the cheap prices.

But you get much much more.

I dont often walk into Super Cheap.

There not exactly cheap.

Dave.

Yeah I only walk in there because other than Kmart our only other choice is Autobarn, dammed if you do dammed if you don't.

Oh actually we have a Repco in town but the guys that run that place have no idea how to roder things because they have hundreds of items for one model in stock and virtually nothing for the Nav.

Autobarn down here is pretty good, the guys actually know what there talking about.

Sure they have everything for imports and nothing for 4wd's but they will happily order stuff.

Dave.

It's good to see SCA and BCF save us so much money by giving us the cheap prices.

Owned by the same company as well,not long ago they also bought Rays Outdoors.
Went into super crap to get a number plate light globe and they were nearly 5 bucks.Then went to the local independant guy and they were less than half that.
Super cheap my ass.

Knew about the SCA and BCF bedtime story but didn't know about Ray's as well, not that I have ever shopped at Ray's (he doesn't come to the country) but I guess that means quality and service will die there now too.

The only stuff SCA really sell cheap now is shit like The Warehouse or Go-Lo type places sell, their automotive crap is dearer than most other places.

My autobarn isn't too bad but they have moved too far into sound systems and ricer crap, sure they sell seat covers and mats etc but they've taken up so much space with crap that goes on little 4 cylinder rice burners there is nothing left for the real automotive hobbiest to get their hands dirty. These days I let my mate buy just about anything automotive but when I want something on the weekend I'm relegated to SCA or Autobarn.

Latest posts

Back