Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bungy's; roll my own these days. Over the decades I've picked up so many busted ones on the road, I just whip out the old shock and replace with new.

The real advantage is that I can make them for exactly the job I need them; length, thickness and strength.

got my mates ve clubsport for a few days god i miss power after driving this thing around manual and i fitted a full system to it sounds awesome too its like everyone wants to race me which i dont mind

Maybe his wife has finally bugged him enough to mow the lawn.

Anytime time to go get my new phone and replace my UHF antenna cable, if that doesn't solve the problem a new GME AE4705 it is.

Dave.

Krafty must be working for once.

Actually out looking at houses, but I was working earlier in the day while still logged on here, that how good I am :big_smile:

Yeah dave ... very rare indeed ....

Bite ya Arse (and I mean that in the nicest most polite non threatening way) I was actually waiting on a client to send me some work but the slack arse hasn't let me know he's fulfilled my requests yet so that job is not getting done right now.

His Iphone obviously has a bat flattery....

If he owned an IPhone he would be forced to kill himself in a violent death possibly with a dessert spoon or other such equally blunt object.

The only 3 Apple items I own are Ipod's which I never paid for and once I create my new nav system and music storage for the ute the Ipod's will be frisbees. I may well go against what some computer experts and web designers think but I'll never use internet on my phone, my phone is only for Dave's 2am phone calls.

Was to busy last night mate, sitting on 100km/h at about 1.30am last night and heard this ting ting metal sound and then a bang.

Pull up and have a look around at what I hit, look around nothing to be seen but the rear right tyre is hissing. Grrr.

So I jump back in and sit on 40km/h with a tyre leaking air, come across a street light and pull up.

Grabbed the torch and got the jack etc out.

20 mins later tyre is changed and the pile of crap Bridgestone is on.

I had a good look under the ute to see if anything was damaged before the tyre went back on. All good. It was a quick look, I didn't get under the ute.

Anyway so continue driving and everytime I drop back to second in the wet now it compression locks up.

Everytime I go around a corner and the weight is off that tyre I cant see the tyre majorly skipping.

Bridgestone factory tyres, the worst tyres I have ever used.

Booked in for monday to get a new tyre, about $340. Jeez I am looking towards paying that.

Atleast the tyre that got a puncture was just on the illegal mark anyway. The rest are all good.

A big thank you to Cessnock Police who drove past me twice and didn't check if I was alright. :rolleyes:

Dave.

A big thank you to Cessnock Police who drove past me twice and didn't check if I was alright. :rolleyes:

You were in a D22, they probably read the forums and thought "D22's don't have issues" so they drove past knowing you didn't need help. :ha:

We didn't have a ting ting noise but when the mech was doing the service on the tractor (let him get rid of the 65 litres of waste oil we say) he found two pieces of metal in the oil which he didn't even know what they were. He suspects something to do with why the speedo hasn't worked for nearly two years but he reckons he's never seen it before. Apparently the only way to fix the thing is to physically split the tractor in two at about the front of the cabin.

The tyres were made by Coppers. So no dramas with the D22.

Well I must say its the first puncture I have had in almost 200,000km's in the Nav.

So about 300,000km's ago was the last puncture I had.

65L of oil ? Hydraulics side of it ?

Anyways things to do and people to see.

Chat to you tomorrow on here Krafty.

Dave.

Other than in the truck I don''t remember the last time I had a flat tyre, but I've seriously made up for that in the truck.

Yeah hydraulic oil, runs the gear box, the PTO and stuff at the back and the bucket. It's a shit of a system to change but the bloody thing's only done 1200 hours so it's only it's second full oil change. Second full service and it's last with us minimum $5k to repair so it's getting traded as soon as it get's appraised for the trade in.

Pull up and have a look around at what I hit, look around nothing to be seen but the rear right tyre is hissing. Grrr.

Isn't that an absolutely amazing coincidence.

At about midnight, we were turning onto the main street of Dungog having just done a night run into the forest and we heard what seemed an odd rattling sound.

I pulled over outside the Commonwealth Bank on the main street and discovered my left rear was flat.

Threw on the spare and today went and bought 4 BF Goodrich All-Terrains. The Continentals at least lasted 47,300km and might have gone another couple of thousand, but with that small an amount of tread left, I said stuff it, I'm buying new ones, $360 each (265/70R16).

Latest posts

Back