Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your right I wouldn't complain.
I'm in the burbs with screaming kids, yapping dogs, burnouts, pit bikes and the occasional rowdy "conversation" between beloveds. I need acerage......as in I need acres between me and the rest of society.

Good luck and I wish your crew nothing but a hot and boring day talking shit at the station.

i wish i got to sit at the station with drinks in the fridge but i will be slaving away at work in the heat. If the pager goes off then i head to station

My Nav just carried it's first serious load. A feckload of slabs! Gotta use that grunt for something useful lol. Gearing up for tonight's piss-up of all piss-ups. We got new years, a 21st, and a semi bucks-night to survive through all in one party. :cheers!:
What're you fella sup to?

Na didn't get drunk enough to run into the wall.

What did you get up to Krafty ?

Dave.

It was part of our lives for so long Dave it's hard not to miss. We took the thing into the bush to get fire wood, the beach to fish, into town for the beer run, it did everything and it was only the 100 series (the neighbours old man had the 4WD 250). That ute used to only be a blur on all the APM tracks around here and next door was the sport of bloke who always left the keys in it so if we wanted or needed the thing it was there for us. I did more k's in that ute than I did in my first car.

The old neighbour currently has a 2005 model 250 but we rarely see him these days because our paths just don't cross like the used to.

Give us some specs.

351 ?

How many km's did it have before the end ?

Dave.

Original 302 until the mid 80's then we did a heart transplant and put a 351 Windsor in it, was pretty much a stock 351 that had been reco'ed. Was the original Ford brown with a white roof and white vinyl cover. Solid steel home made bullbar with 2 large Hella's (around the 225 mark) and two 175 Narvas in the bullbar. White sunraiser rims with Duelers on all four corners, a collection of stick books and a 30/06 behind the seat and a collection of broken Uni's in the tub.

Bastard of a thing used to go through Uni's like they were made from butter when we were skating around the APM tracks...something to do with lots of wheel spin then suddenly stopping as the tyres gripped :big_smile:

I think the 351 went in at about 400K and at the time of the fires it had clocked around the 1.2M but it also spent it's last 5 or so years in the shed next to the diesel Gemini because no one really needed it.

Got many pics, 1.2 Million km's. Nice effort, so the 351 had 800,000km's on it or got rebuilt again ?

Give us a run down on the diesel gemini.

There is one in our shed with 66,000km's on it, original it was nans car until she stopped driving.

Dave.

There is a few old pics (not digital) floating around but they are only ever shots of the ute in front of houses etc not of the ute itself but a lot of them got lost in the fires or stuck in boxes and the neighbours new house and never unpacked.

The diesel Gemini was a heap of shit. Next door brought it to run to work and back cause he wanted to leave the effy at home more but it never ran properly and it was a problem from the day it arrived. It pretty much just got dumped in the shed and cursed at every time we kicked the bloody thing trying to get around it. They had a pretty bad wrap from the day they were produced but they weren't all bad, if you got a good one they drove ok.

I always wondered how the old diesel geminis went, pulled up next to a TG Gemini deisel the other day and it seemed to go alright.

Dave.

We made a mate with an earlier model and for a Gemi it went pretty well and he didn't have heaps of trouble with it but just like women, if you get one that blows alot of smoke, constantly leaks and isn't comfortable when you're on the inside you can't help thinking about a trade in.

Just a note,

back home now, got back actually yesterday bout 4pm, and got stuck into my Old No7 since I finished doing the driving for the trip.
The '22, she went perfectly, without a grumble...1300 kliks.
Economy did well too.
Pitty the fishing was dismal.
Surf was full of weed for the whole 10 days,
Lk Tyers was poor with only 4 duskies taken,
and all up 'tween 3 of us pulled in only 4/5 kilo of shrimp.
Anyways, better luck next year.

:cheers!:

Lol.

Nans Gemini is a petrol.

The head has been removed and rebuilt due to the lack of use.

Finally got my arse into gear and went on a contract today for my mobile.

Been on prepaid for 9 years.

Free sms should be handy.

Dave.

Krankin, I hear ya on the Lake Tyres front, fishing really hasn't been great there for about 15 years, gone are the days we used to just cross the channel at 6am, sit for 3 hours pulling out pinkies by the bucket load, fishing the surf in the arvo for salmon, then hauling 6+ kilos of prawns out in the hours of dark. It's a pity really but these things all go in cycles I suppose. Not sure how the late run will go with the prawns this year but we're looking at mid to late Feb for the last run further east, hasn't been great in the last few years but there's hope it will pick up.

Dave, the Gemi should still go ok, they weren't a bad car, and definitely better than the Camira's a few years later, you should get it on the road and drive it instead of the Nav, then we can laugh at you.

As for the 9 years on prepaid, I've had the same mobile contract for so long (first started in 93) I still pay $5 a month, get bugger all freebies but then when the bill only averages $12 a month I don't need freebies.

Festival Hall, Mar 26 2011.....
MOTORHEAD
tix x2 for me
:rock::rock::rock::rock:

Was originally announced with BLS support but they are elsewhere in March, would have been good to see both together. Not sure I'll be going, I saw then last time they were here and they were good but I really don't like Festival Hall...probably stems from the Sepultura riots back in the early 90's which we got caught up in.

On a different but similar note, my cuz got to play guitar with Dave Mustaine at the No Sleep festival last month, talk about pissed off he offered me free tickets to the show but I couldn't make it.

Last time i saw Motorhead was at F/hall and it was superb, even got to the front eventuly.
Cant wait.

Re Tyers/LE...the word form a local pro fisho is tons and tons of fish are netted from the lakes, mainly Whiting,
and Snappy Tom has the boats with spotter plane totally vacuming out the salmon population totaly for cat food and the gummies are getting cleaned up also.

Latest posts

Back