Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Krafty doesn't bash his ute around the bush he brought it as a cargo carrier not a bush basher, he also removed himself from VNOG since there was too many people in the group so he may as well live in NSW with you Dave. Work has also got the better of him this week too.

It did last week, everyone wanted everything done before christmas.

How long you off for Krafty ?

Dave.

Yeah all within a few of hours of brisbane. Its a bloody good book, pics and highlights of every destination and step by step directions. They should do one for every state.

Indeed, might have to have a look. Surely someone has done one for NSW.

Actually, Garry gave me a Nissan map book that has heaps of tracks in it.

Ill dig it out and check it.

Dave.

How long you off for Krafty ?

I'm not actually off, I really only take time off when we go to Perth, the rest of the time I'm either on call for computers and web pages or out at the farm. Good client history dictates that I can organise a few days here and there when I want to but in general I'm contactable 24/7. This week I'm actually getting a heap of client work done because many of them are taking the week off which means I get free run of the offices without (l)users telling me they did nothing to make the system crash. Next week it's some weed spraying on the farm and maybe some de-balling of the youngens as well as some website work.

Actually, Garry gave me a Nissan map book that has heaps of tracks in it.

I got the '09 version as a good will gesture from Nissan for waiting so long for delivery (like I had a choice), I don't think there heaps of out of the way tracks, atleast not in this area where there is dirt tracks everywhere, but as far as map book that covers a large area it's not that bad. No idea what Nissan charge for it but it's not a bad free companion.

Take a break mate, there will still be plenty of computers to fix when you get back.

I only flicked through that book, have to have a better look.

Dave.

I take plenty of time off during the year, I rarely work a full week. I might be on call 24/7 but that doesn't mean I'm working all that often. I usually pick the customers I give 24/7 support by just how much support I think they need.

This week is a good opportunity to get in an out of businesses that are closed so I can work without them bugging me but otherwise I'm making up for not working much last week and the week before. Suppose to be rebuilding a computer right now but I can't be bothered so it's sitting on my desk in a million pieces waiting for me to give a damn.

I used the book at times travelling across to Perth last year but only because it was there, had it not been there I'd have still got there, but that's not to say it doesn't have it's uses.

Just finshed my winch install....wow what a buggar.
Had to manufacture a bracket for the sol box cause no room to hang off the winch.

Also did the egr block plate at the egr end to compliment the plate i did a while ago at the header end...so a plate at bothe ends.
will it make a difference??? buggar knows...its done now.....its my OFFROAD toy.

will load some pics in the new year when i get back from lakes.

Have to install my canvas canopy and roof basket now, and....and...mow the lawns..and..:sad:

Someones going to be busy, sounds to me like you haven't got time to be going on holidays.

Enjoy the fireworks, I took a bus load down there a few years back for the fireworks, the show was reasonable but the crowd was one of the worst I've ever seen down there which had me vowing to keep clear for a while.

Someones going to be busy, sounds to me like you haven't got time to be going on holidays.

Enjoy the fireworks, I took a bus load down there a few years back for the fireworks, the show was reasonable but the crowd was one of the worst I've ever seen down there which had me vowing to keep clear for a while.

yep, your right about that first bit...no time to go.

last two years the fireworks i think were fantastic,
though last years young crowd were a bit rowdy, but we go back to the camp straight after so missed all the 'young cant handle the piss too well' antics for the night.
but the skyrocket show was great...and even got to see a fire as a rocket flew over to the back of the cafe on the beach side and started a scrub fire.

I think it was 07 (maybe 08) I took the bus down there, we stopped in Bairnsdale for a late dinner so we didn't arrive at Lakes too early and have to see the early carry on and we all made our way back to the bus 5 minutes after the last firework went off for the same reason.

It was a good show and our year they set one of those paddle boats alight when some moron let off a boat flare in the middle of the fireworks. The one thing I am thankful for these days is not delivering bread down there this time of year, between mid December and Australia day the truck used to go from 3000 units a day to around 9,000 units a day (and that was just one delivery mob) but trying to get in and out of the stores around Lakes at 5am on New Years morning was a prick of a job.

So whats on today boys?

The sun is finally out, might dry my yard enough to get the ute in there in a day or 2 to do some yard work.

A mate of mine has just about finished building a sierra 4wd, cut the cabin down from a wagon to a sort of cab chassis, Its going to be pretty wild, I might go check that out today.

What are you guys up to?

I'm ignoring work, both paid and around the house work, for atleast a few hours, after lunch I might consider doing something it depends which jobs take my fancy.

I slept in till 2pm, had a shit load of work in Newcastle and then to Singleton. Stuff doing that in day traffic.

Dave.

Its good backing onto wombat sf. Had tea then the kids worded me up. Doesnt take much so off we go up and down a couple of tracks nothing hard , Couple of small mud holes fair bit of wheel spin on the last one thought we where walking home. But thats the best bit its not far to walk home. Kept me and the kids busy for an a couple a hours. Its a hard life

hmmm Creswick is great little are too for winter time malarky.
Just dry and dusty gold diggings this time of year though.
Going to be 40 deg tomorrow. Got the fire plan ready?

Cant complain about where i live aido 20 min to ballarat 20 to daylesford and a hour to melbourne and 5 meters from my driveway is state forest

Latest posts

Back