Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At the same time I fitted a dedicated filtered water tap to draw water from one of the tanks. This meant a seperate 12v pump. It was an expensive exercise which could have been avoided if I had agreed to the suggestion when the van was being built or had wifie agreed to a simple hand pump to draw the drinking water from the tank. Despite the water filtration system & the Shurflo pump having anti-drain back valves, enough water still drains from the pump to reduce pressure & for it to start pumping. Therefore it starts pumping without the tap being open and continues to run. The day after installing it I left it on to make sure there were no leaks. After getting home from work I found the pump running & it was too hot to touch. No idea how long it was running & it was lucky it didn't start a fire & I'm not sure if I damaged the battery in the van because it wasn't plugged in to shore power at the time. The van battery was reading just over 12v however. Next will the the installation of an in-line one way valve on the pick up side of the pump although I would rather a 12v timer switch (push button thing like they have in some amenity blocks for lights) although I can't find anything like that for 12v systems.

Our two tanks are plumbed separately and we have two pumps. I've been over all the hosing and have re-done some (I'm not a plumber so it's possibly not the most expert of jobs) but I can leave the main pump (Shureflo) on all night and it doesn't lose pressure. The other pump was a bit of a problem because it's not self-priming and it used to leak but I've got it fixed and it now remains sealed for ages (10 days at least).

The two-tank idea is probably for the same reason you're doing it. I want one of my tanks to have just water that we consume (drinking, tea, coffee, cooking) - never to be compromised - and the other we can top up from questionable sources as a last resort, as it's only used for washing.

After that I have to install the rear view camera system which was bought at the Melb caravan show. The intention is to do it without drilling into the van. I will contact G & S Chassis after Easter & see if they can manufacture something in a vaguely similar fashion to the spare wheel carrier on the bumper.

Good luck with your projects. The list usually gets longer while the time gets shorter. :)

I've been thinking about a reversing camera but have no idea how I'm going to run the wires from the back through the van. I am not confident at drilling holes in the roof!

Good luck with yours, too. My list has pretty much come to an end - we're happy enough with the van now. It's maintenance, maintenance, maintenance! After the maybe water tank, I've got shocks and springs to replace.

Yeah, nah, but....

The list is less van related than a multitude of other things. The worst ones are the jobs started but not finished. Still, maybe one day....

This explains the process quite well & sounds relatively easy but I don't like the thought of holes in the cladding. Much more appealing is leaving no trace should I change my mind or sell the van or whatever. The only problem with what I am thinking of doing is that it won't look intergrated. It's been stated that the ideal height from the ground to the camera is 6 to 7 feet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFZil9HhVKE

There are a few You Tube clips there from Safety Dave that might come in handy although I think when the time comes, I will take a little more time (probably why my "list" is so long).

Last edited:
What about steve hughes krafty, hes a comedian and out of mortal sin and a couple of other bands, listened to him doing comedy last night he,s not bad. He,s playing in melbourne this month at the comedy festival

Played about 5 gigs with Steve in his Mortal Sin days, never thought he was that funny back then but he was a good guy, as were the others from the band.

Channel 7 at 9.45 pm tonight, Mcdonalds gets grilled a tv show, they make it sound like a expose, Bullshite it was commissioned by maccas, and if they didnt like it, it wasnt going to air, And if my navara is in the show can i demand payment

It was commissioned by Maccas but the producers used their own people. I heard the guy who made it on the radio and it was never meant to be an expose but he couldnt control how c7 advertised it. I wasn't interested in it given that they gave away most of the good bits on the radio.

See if they show the bit were the spuds they show coming out of the ground in vic were brought down from nsw a few days earlier

That Maccas has been there a day or two. The chow restaurant a few doors up had a few problems with bodies of the dead kind in their carpark a few years back.

Latest posts

Back