Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Alloys? I guess is the povo pack Nav us good enough for you then it's good enough for her :ha:

Shit isnt it, the cx-5 starting model has cruise and air con and a reverse camera but no alloys, tyre place around corner had a new set of alloys that came off a mazda, so swap i did

Oh well atleast when you need to go out and set an example, or just be seen you've got a car to do it in rather than having the poor missus constantly embarrassed that she has to be seen in the hack ute :ha:

Oh well atleast when you need to go out and set an example, or just be seen you've got a car to do it in rather than having the poor missus constantly embarrassed that she has to be seen in the hack ute :ha:

Like i tell my boss it,s not a work ute, it,s the ute i drive to work,

Shit isnt it, the cx-5 starting model has cruise and air con and a reverse camera but no alloys, tyre place around corner had a new set of alloys that came off a mazda, so swap i did

Congrats on the new car. Hope you fitted those alloys with a nice set of Sava's. The sheila's love em.

Actually it might have ruined the evening of romance.:lol:

There are plenty of shows that I have recorded & need to catch up on.

A bloke at work would record some shows on analogue ch31 (community channel) for me. I don't get ch31 here. He would record them on VHS but no more analogue ch31 & he can't record digital TV (behind the times hey?). Some of the shows are now being shown on those extra digital channels that I get but it is really hard to keep up because some of the shows are repeated several times a week & the TV guide does not help. Can't tell what what I have already recorded anymore.

OT, I see in another post you are going away at Easter. A trip with the van? Are you still intending to buy a new Lotus at some stage?

We are taking the van away, but we're holding off on the Lotus. We went to the regional caravan & camping show a couple of months back and were even more impressed by the New Age caravan "Big Red". They're using more modern materials - lighter, thinner construction with more strength. We were VERY impressed. The Lotus was extraordinarily nice, but these were a cut above.

Simple things like designing the thing without a footwell to trip in at night. Making it strong enough so I can walk on the roof with a Gerni and clean it. Cupboards made from about 8mm-thick panel that supported 100kg without flexing at all.

The only thing wrong about the New Age was that it came with 15" wheels. Apart from the cheeky "15 inch .... why use wheels made before 1976 when we went metric?" I discussed putting 16" rims - matching the Navara - and that's possible. The Lotus had that box ticked, although they used Ford hubs.

We've got some work to do with our house first, before we replace this caravan, which is still fully usable. I've just resealed the windows (it's 14-ish years old), done some more electrical work in there to remove an unneeded circuit that was consuming power on 12V - apart from that, it's had the inside repainted and the interior sidelights replaced with fantastically bright LED lights that draw next to nothing. I also increase the water capacity from 118L to 164L, and I'm thinking of putting one of the 59L tanks that I removed under the back to give us 223L of total capacity.

Coincidentally New Age Caravans recently set up quite an impressive yard and around the same time Lotus moved so they are almost across the road from each other in Campbellfield. Nothing like a bit of competition.

I recently removed & replaced the water tanks in our van after having installed another bracket. The tanks are 95lt & the brackets did not hold the tanks centrally. I felt that there was far too much overhang on one side & with brackets about 25mm wider than the tanks, meant that the tanks could wobble about & would not sit properly on the tank shields. It was just one of those things that annoyed.

At the same time I fitted a dedicated filtered water tap to draw water from one of the tanks. This meant a seperate 12v pump. It was an expensive exercise which could have been avoided if I had agreed to the suggestion when the van was being built or had wifie agreed to a simple hand pump to draw the drinking water from the tank. Despite the water filtration system & the Shurflo pump having anti-drain back valves, enough water still drains from the pump to reduce pressure & for it to start pumping. Therefore it starts pumping without the tap being open and continues to run. The day after installing it I left it on to make sure there were no leaks. After getting home from work I found the pump running & it was too hot to touch. No idea how long it was running & it was lucky it didn't start a fire & I'm not sure if I damaged the battery in the van because it wasn't plugged in to shore power at the time. The van battery was reading just over 12v however. Next will the the installation of an in-line one way valve on the pick up side of the pump although I would rather a 12v timer switch (push button thing like they have in some amenity blocks for lights) although I can't find anything like that for 12v systems.

After that I have to install the rear view camera system which was bought at the Melb caravan show. The intention is to do it without drilling into the van. I will contact G & S Chassis after Easter & see if they can manufacture something in a vaguely similar fashion to the spare wheel carrier on the bumper.

Good luck with your projects. The list usually gets longer while the time gets shorter. :)

Last edited:
Congrats on the new car. Hope you fitted those alloys with a nice set of Sava's. The sheila's love em.

Actually it might have ruined the evening of romance.:lol:

Thanks, the original rims are 17 inch and so are the alloys, so original yoko tyres were put back on, Been running toyo tyres on the previous 2 commodores about 4 or 5 sets, so when these wear out its a good chance i will put toyo,s on again

Concert

I went out last night to see the G3 concert at the palais theatre in St.Kilda which Joe Satriani & Steve Vai were playing and the sounds those guys can get out of their Guitars is amazing,awesome night and ears are still ringing.

Think I'd rather see Steve Morse than Steve Lukather but the other two do put on a good show. Joe's not the best singer but he makes up for it with an axe.

My old mans sister is deep purples tour manager. Steve morse is a champion.
Satriani is a god though

Mate from the old band days is a mate of Gillan, Gillan is a champion :ha:

I don't mind Joe but I don't think he's ever been as good as he was when he did the surfing album.

What about steve hughes krafty, hes a comedian and out of mortal sin and a couple of other bands, listened to him doing comedy last night he,s not bad. He,s playing in melbourne this month at the comedy festival

Latest posts

Back