Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fencing last week i froze, would of sworn it was a snake could see 30 or 40 cm of it all dull black and sort of scaly, Friggin cows it was chewed up polly, Made it flatten a bit and gave it a scaly look

Fencing last week i froze, would of sworn it was a snake could see 30 or 40 cm of it all dull black and sort of scaly, Friggin cows it was chewed up polly, Made it flatten a bit and gave it a scaly look

I hate that, there are a lot of things that look like snakes in the long grass at first glance.

I've heard from 2 farmers that those tiger snakes can stand up (not lierally), hiss and run at you when they're protecting their young and apparently they can really move.
Better proceed with caution Krafty.

Was walking the dog last week, I happened to look up and there was a snake crossing the road, don't know what kind, he had a whitish belly with a tinge of green and a light coppery colour with a tigery pattern on it's back, so maybe a Tiger??? I reckon it was close to 2 foot.

Bloody thing had more guts than I did, I threw a stick at it and it just kept oozing towards me, needless to say I retreated.

Last edited:
I've heard from 2 farmers that those tiger snakes can stand up (not lierally), hiss and run at you when they're protecting their young and apparently they can really move.
Better proceed with caution Krafty.

Was walking the dog last week, I happened to look up and there was a snake crossing the road, don't know what kind, he had a whitish belly with a tinge of green and a light coppery colour with a tigery pattern on it's back, so maybe a Tiger??? I reckon it was close to 2 foot.

Bloody thing had more guts than I did, I threw a stick at it and it just kept oozing towards me, needless to say I retreated.

They dont know when to back down, 5 foot brown jumped up about a meter in front of my son and a mate, shouldnt take on 2 blokes with shotguns

Bloody hell, didn't know they could jump. I've only ever killed one with a shovel. I was surprised how tough the bloody thing was, I really had to scew down on the sucker to hurt it.

My pet python can compress (makes the classic 's' shape) around a third of its length and suspend it off the ground ready to strike. And it's lightning quick too!

My pet python can compress (makes the classic 's' shape) around a third of its length and suspend it off the ground ready to strike. And it's lightning quick too!

Reminds me of a time way back in the past, well sort of, when I was doing a psychology subject at uni(it was that or study the logic of dead greeks, plus the chicks were hotter and more numerous) we had to take part in upper student experiments.

Enter this room, stand on this line and he uncovers a snake in a glass cage and reclines in bean bag with clipboard. Then it was rate my fear from1 low to 10 high as I stepped on succession of lines, I'm rolling out 1,1,1,1,1, ... and finally immediately in front of the cage comes "Reach into the cage and pat the snake".

STOP: I don't know about snake raising up, but he was sure out his bean bag very fast. I guess the lovely diamond python must have been a biter or something to get that response.

We used to get a lot of browns and red bellies at our old place, the guy up the road used to show off by catching them with his bare hands. As far as I know he never missed, but I haven't see him for a long time.

Maybe I should find an insurance company who offers snake insurance, although I'm back in the shorter grass as of today, even sharing the paddocks with cows, but the F'ers (and steers) still wont help me.

I,m still playing in the shed, Serviced one of the benz trucks today pretty basic, Pulled the master cylinders of one of the fendt,s and the 2 rear slaves yesterday, Slaves are cheap $70 each for the kits and $270 each kit for the 2 masters, Mongrel master cylinders are $900 plus each if they wont kit up

Latest posts

Back