Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Be warned it could be much worse. A mate of the old man's asked if he could borrow the trailer for a few days many years ago, still not sure why dad said yes but a week later the trailer arrived back with the left hand springs hanging off and a broken tail light and we get told the trailer preformed quiet well on it's drive moving his daughter from Gippsland to the Gold Coast.

Haha geez would have been nice if they told you what they wanted it for hey. He just wants to put my boat on it so I can bring it home so I don't mind him having it ;)

Its funny how people think that a trailer has an unlimited weight capacity sometimes isnt it. There used to be a trailer mob next door to my work, people would buy a 6x4 box trailer that is limited to 750kgs total weight, convert it to a builders trailer and load it chock full of tools and gear and wonder why the drawbars snapped, you would be amazed how many they fixed up (and charged a pretty penny too I would expect).

Yeah I suppose the upside of the damage dad's mate caused was that we got to remake the trailer again. Was already a home made job but after that little episode it got heavy springs and light truck tyres put on it, it also grew a bit so instead of being a standard 6x4 it's actually about 7 and a half x 5 which is quite handy for many things including rocking up to garden supply places where they measure the trailer by the look of it and how the springs sag when the dump stuff in it cause not many of them are smart enough to pick the heavier springs.

I dropped my Nav off at nissan this morning for my recall bonnet latch fixup, and asked them to do a service while it is in there. I have always said I will never let nissn service my car, they are too bloody dear, I can pretty much guarantee this will be the first and only time, They rang at 4pm and said they still hadnt started it and they would have to stay back and finish it, lucky I have another ute at work, it is now nearly 7.30pm and they still havent called to say it ready...........

Shit there keen, my local dealer wouldn't stay back.

Who usually services the ute Matt ?

Dave.

Shit there keen, my local dealer wouldn't stay back.

Who usually services the ute Matt ?

Dave.

L & D automotive in brisbane mate, they are excellent, half the price of nissan, excellent service, nothing is done by apprentices and they give honest opinions on what needs doing or what can wait till next service. They do all 3 of our cars.

I was lazy this time and just wanted it done while it was in there.

Oh well, no harm done I guess, I got home ok.

Yeah you cant beat old fashion service can you.

My old mechanic closed down due to health so looking for a another good one.

Dave.

Dave i use Terrys' Mobile Mechanic. He is Newcastle based and will service you car at your place or work place. I think he is an ex dealership mechanic and is cheap and reliable. He services all my work trucks. Personalised service and if anything goes wrong he drops everything and runs to help out.

Yesterday on the Hume I was passed by the OPW 40-series on a trailer, what a great piece of kit. Those guys must be made of money, I could understand the 40-series being awesome since it's an ad for their business but the tow vehicle was crazy too! Chevy Silverado 3500HD dually with a Duramax! Can you imagine what that would cost with the RHD conversion?

Good looking combo.

A guy I know's dad buys a new Chevy pick up every 3 years, some people just have to much money.

Dave.

There's a guy down here doing full US imports, most of the yard is full of Hummers and fifth wheelers but he'll do anything to anything including high powered boats. Mundine was one of the first big name celebs to buy one of this guys modded rides (about 5 years ago) but there has been others since, seems to be a nice business in it.

Last time I drove past there was several of those dual wheeled Chevy's sitting in the yard, the kind you need a cut lunch to walk around. No idea how much he charges for his work but I'm betting I could nearly buy a house for the cost of something he's modded.

Vic Heslops ute in Hervey Bay

Attachments

• IMG_1981 (Large).JPG
    IMG_1981 (Large).JPG
    97.4 KB
Being an un-educated Victorian I had to look up the guys name but if his last name is actually Hislop not Heslop then I'm betting that truck is bullet proof as well after the comments in the first half dozen results of a net search. I didn't read much of it but when one of the first results is "Vic Hislop is a Dipshit" and several other top results appear to be something similar I'm guessing his job isn't to make friends and influence people. According to an images search he's had a few interesting rides apart from this one too.

Being an un-educated Victorian I had to look up the guys name but if his last name is actually Hislop not Heslop then I'm betting that truck is bullet proof as well after the comments in the first half dozen results of a net search. I didn't read much of it but when one of the first results is "Vic Hislop is a Dipshit" and several other top results appear to be something similar I'm guessing his job isn't to make friends and influence people. According to an images search he's had a few interesting rides apart from this one too.

Well I'm on the side of 'vic hisloopy' is a wanker and glad he pissed off out of Victoria never to return.
:rant::rant::rant::rant:

What a great weekend, had a mate down from Narromine and to many drinks later.

Dave.

Im nursing a killer hangover today also, had my sisters engagement party last night...

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back