Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're going to start the rebuild of a '77 F100 in the coming months. Was a victim of the bushfires last year, it's got a bent chassis and major panel damage and the interior is screwed but as luck would have it the 351 we bolted in it about 15 years ago was out of it at the time the bushfires went through. This is really just a labour of love job, not even sure if we will ever get the ute back on the road. The old girl holds a bit of nostalgia for quite a few of us so it seems fitting we atleast get her back to a decent condition.

Nice one Krafty. Let us know if you keep a log of it somewhere, I grew up riding around in an '85 F250, I love seeing pictures of those big utes.

I'll try and keep a log but the guy who owns it has a tendency to play around a lot when he gets home from work and these days we turn up to his place to do a job and he's half finished it before we get there, but this is a big job so it wont happen that quickly. Over the years we've all moved out of the same street so evening work with a few beers doesn't happen like it used to.

This one is (was) a brown '77 2 wheel drive, after the 302 died we put a 351 in it, had a home made steel Bullbar on the front (which survived the fires quite well) duelers all round on sunraiser rims and at the time had a stuffed uni joint. It's last few years of life before we pulled the motor out were spent thrashing around the APM forests and for some reason the sliding and wheel spinning around those rocky tracks had a tendency to break uni's, it was costing us too much to keep fixing so it sort of got retired.

Ever had one of those days where everything is better the usual.

Yesterday I had a cruisy day, went and looked again at a Jimny and started Champix (The quit smoking drug) and had a date with a very fine 20 year old.

Spending saturday with her aswell and will see her this arvo to, I reckon things should go well.

Dave.

Cheers mate.

Going for a Lostock run, so there will be pics. Dont know if I wanna share them though. Lol.

Dave.

Got flashed at the traffic lights tonigh,might contest it when i get the fine.
i stopped in the turning lane which had a red arrow,so i check whats coming behind me,the road is all clear so i proceed STRAIGHT ahead which had a green light and i get flashed..
Now i reckon since i didnt turn against a red light but went straight with a green light,i should be OK...
What do you reckon? fight it or pay it?

Hmm tough one there mate, I wonder if there is a law that says you must turn from that lane?

I seem to remember there being a law about lane changes within a certain distance from traffic light intersections, can't remember it sorry.

2 other rules which may not be in your favour (and are possible state dependent) are whether it's legal to cross an unbroken white line because that's essentially what was on your left on the approach to the intersection, and whether the right hand lane had any signage saying right turn only. By adding the sign right turn only you are effectively breaking the rules by doing anything else, however that still doesn't necessarily mean a fine the guy checking the fines this week might be lenient.

Dave are you gonna change your avatar now that Miranda has tied the knot and looks to be pregnant? :big_smile:

Setting up a WAP and Firewall on Saturday then chasing cows and sheep around the paddock on Sunday, it's an interesting mix I hope I don't get them confused.

Setting up a WAP and Firewall on Saturday then chasing cows and sheep around the paddock on Sunday, it's an interesting mix I hope I don't get them confused.

haha, that could be interesting if you do...

me, apart from work im gonna try to install some spotties on my new bar thats getting fitted today...
should keep me busy for a few hours!

i might go wet a line down at the Murray Mouth. haven't been down there for a few months, need to get the BFGs on some sand for a test out too. got the free compressor delivered yesterday, keen to try that out too.

I should throw the Mickey T's back on the Nav and go for a forest run me thinks.

Will see how much of a difference the 75 series tyres make compared to the 70 series with the intercooler on.

Dave.

2 other rules which may not be in your favour (and are possible state dependent) are whether it's legal to cross an unbroken white line because that's essentially what was on your left on the approach to the intersection, and whether the right hand lane had any signage saying right turn only. By adding the sign right turn only you are effectively breaking the rules by doing anything else, however that still doesn't necessarily mean a fine the guy checking the fines this week might be lenient.
Hmmmm i was in a turning lane only,,,but i still feel i should get off but i doubt it....I did get booked once for stopping in a disabled spot for no more than 15 SECONDS....fairdinkum

Latest posts

Back