Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This Saturday is a light trip up to Gloucester looking at a bit of real estate then on to lunch in Taree. Sunday's quiet(ish), I think I will be well enough to pull out the mower.

What a day. Just over 27,300km on her now, we saw Gloucester, drove to Taree and were unimpressed so decided to get a pic at Wauchope (attached) then have lunch in Port Macquarie. Hogs Breath Cafe there don't do a bad job either - it's a bit noisy inside though, get an outside seat if you can.

If I ever start a log of our travels, I'll use this pic as the heading. Taken with my HTC phone, the original image is 2592x1522 pixels in 24bpp.

Attachments

• Timbertown_2010_07_24.jpg
    Timbertown_2010_07_24.jpg
    49 KB
Jeez Tony you get around I must say.

Timbertown lol, I haven't been there since about 1991 atleast. Showing my age now.

Dave.

I have 2 of the HTC phones (Touch Diamond & Touch Pro 2 for work), they don't take a bad pic.

And another busy week ahead of me. Ah well the more work I get the more I keep telling myself that a Jimny is a great idea.

Dave.

Yeah and easy offroad stuff, I need something with a bullbar as I come across kangeroos around Singleton and Cessnock on a daily basis.

If I didn't need a bullbar Id buy a small car.

Dave.

Moving house, what a shit of a job.
Also just happens to coincide with the busiest few weeks work ive ever had.
Any sparkies in Sydney looking for a job?

Looks like I will have to quit this forum as I will have to sell my Nav & be put out to pasture as all you blokes reckon I am too old to drive now. :-(

Well, tough sh1t, you young buggers will just have to put up with me on the road for a few more years yet even though I hit 70 this year.

The alternative is I buy and electric scooter thingy you see all the olds getting around in creating more problems on the footpath. :bike:

Fat chance haha

Paul

Well said Paul,
My old dad used to say he had forgotten more than most of us young blokes had learnt.
I don't like being held up either Dave, but the speed limit is just that, a limit, not a challenge. A lot of people (Old & young) don't have a clue about driving to the conditions. My son-in-law, who is a petrol head, just got back from a trip down the Pacific Hwy. He was sitting on 110kph as per the speed limit & noticed he was about the only one. There was a typical Q'land downpour & vision was greatly reduced, so he slowed down, much to the annoyance of his fellow road users, some who still insisted on speeds above 110kph.
His opinion of Q'land drivers, old & young is very low at the moment. By the way I am not picking on Q'land drivers, same happens everywhere.
Cheers, Phil

I am not saying I am a race car driver, I have done over 400,000km's on the road and have seen alot of stupid shit.

I would just like people to be considerate on the road, if your going to drive under the speed limit please pull over.

I was driving last night at 100km/h and came up to a CRV doing about 50km/h, whats more dangerous ? Oh and that was in a 100km/h zone.

Dave.

Dave, I agree with you completely. My point is we ALL need to be considerate. I used to be a sales rep & spent a lot of time dealing with ignorant, inconsiderate, totally selfish drivers, driving both fast & slow, paying no attention to other road users & more than once causing me to take risks I now refuse to take.
I really enjoy my family & intend to see my grandkids grow up. I most likely drive a little too fast still, but I am learning to be a lot more patient.
Cheers,
Phil

Last edited:
Aus $$

With the aus $$ up at around US .90 its a good time to start buying mods from the US again!:dancing:

My mate who's building my boat for me told me today he wants my trailer over the weekend, that means it is very very close to being ready for me to bring her home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just excited. hehe

My mate who's building my boat for me told me today he wants my trailer over the weekend, that means it is very very close to being ready for me to bring her home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, I'm just excited. hehe

Be warned it could be much worse. A mate of the old man's asked if he could borrow the trailer for a few days many years ago, still not sure why dad said yes but a week later the trailer arrived back with the left hand springs hanging off and a broken tail light and we get told the trailer preformed quiet well on it's drive moving his daughter from Gippsland to the Gold Coast.

my old man used to lend the trailer to family friends and one day we took it out to help a friend move house we get halfway down the road and realise the trailer is crab walking down the street and there was smoking coming out.
we got it home and realise our friends that borrowed it some how broke both ends of the spring hanger and the wheel had just worked its way to the back of the guarde and wore the sh!t out of the tyre.

these days dont lend anything cause it always comes back broken

Latest posts

Back