Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got home from touring the US for a month.

Had to show everyone these after I saw them everywhere in the street - they look mean as with that bullbar.

(not my picture)
2655286435_c6d350d8d8.jpg

Have to say it was pretty interesting being in Washington DC during their snowiest winter ever.

It made me wish I had the Navara, being 4x4 and all.

Nice pic.

Wil be at a bucks show later today so I will reply to PM's on sunday whenever I wake up.

Dave.

I am heading off for 11 days holiday in the Nav this arvo. Heading down through Armidale, Tamworth, Canberra, 3 nights in the snow and then head home through sydney and the coast road. Can't wait!!!!!

Enjoy the trip and if you're coming back along the M7 you can take a quick detour after spaghetti junction and say hi!

I'll look up where that is, thanks rescue.

I think I came in through Dave's neck of the woods tonight, Maitland? It was gettting dark so didnt see too much. We pulled up at Wyong in a motel for the night and will be heading off early for canberra in the morning. Its been a nice drive so far, though a long one today. The Navara is going fine, I got 10.1L/100 with the first tank which is about the best I have got out of it. Considering it has 5 people, a tub full of crap, and a heap of extra weight on it I don't think that is too bad.

New front springs are a must when I get back, these one's are just too bloody harsh. The poor Nav is going to bloody shake itself apart. There are rattles every bloody where.

I really couldn't be farked doing anything today except putting a can to my lips.
The lawn needs mowing and weeding,my camp gear still needs sorting and cleaning after last weekend but it lays in a heap in the shed.
I almost feel like calling the missus in here to type this and hit submit reply but i couldn't be farked.
:cheers!:

I really couldn't be farked doing anything today except putting a can to my lips.
The lawn needs mowing and weeding,my camp gear still needs sorting and cleaning after last weekend but it lays in a heap in the shed.
I almost feel like calling the missus in here to type this and hit submit reply but i couldn't be farked.
:cheers!:

ha ha ha :cheers!:

I put an ad on seek.com last night at about 9pm for a first year apprentice, I think I got about 20 applications today already, and people are saying there is no interest in apprenticeships anymore!

Matt,
I can tell you there is heaps of interest in apprenticeships, kids are staying at school longer, but they love to get their hands dirty. It tends to be their parents trying to keep them at school. Hope your one works out well. btw anyone looking for apprenitices or even a kid of work experience, in melbournes sth east (moorabbin ish!) I have about twenty students in cert II engineering and another twenty in cert II auto mechanical.

Been home a couple of months now after 8 weeks in Ireland and UK. Loved the Irish and Scots, enjoyed Scotland & Ireland, some of the scenery was great but found nothing that would get me back in a hurry. Yet there is not one place I have visited in Oz that I would not happily visit again from the Kimberley to Karumba to the Corner Country etc. You can't beat this country.

Attachments

• Paddywagon.jpg
    Paddywagon.jpg
    146.9 KB
  • Ugly.jpg
    Ugly.jpg
    108.1 KB
  • castle.jpg
    castle.jpg
    125.9 KB
Geez QLD Transport gave me the runaround today :rant:

I spoke to 3 different people, 2 different service centres and one over the phone. All told me different things I had to do to register my new trailer. I did everything all 3 said, took it to get it inspected and the inspector was like 'where is your build plate?' Me: 'huh?'

I explained to him that i had spoken to 3 different QT reps and not one had told me I needed it. He was really good and dodgied up some stuff for me so that I didn't have to go away and come back another time. I was amazed how good he was. The others though left a lot to be desired.....Bloody government departments.

I got there in the end though so thats all that matters.

Geez QLD Transport gave me the runaround today :rant:

I spoke to 3 different people, 2 different service centres and one over the phone. All told me different things I had to do to register my new trailer. I did everything all 3 said, took it to get it inspected and the inspector was like 'where is your build plate?' Me: 'huh?'

I explained to him that i had spoken to 3 different QT reps and not one had told me I needed it. He was really good and dodgied up some stuff for me so that I didn't have to go away and come back another time. I was amazed how good he was. The others though left a lot to be desired.....Bloody government departments.

I got there in the end though so thats all that matters.

QLD Transport customer service can be really funny. Each office is run like its own little kingdom with its own rules. Currumbin wouldn't register vehicles with a GVM over 4T... ??? What the hell kind of a rule is that? Called the call centre, was told we must have had the work experience kid serve us, try a different office, we tried Southport and got it registered no worries as a light vehicle under 4.5T GVM.

QLD Transport customer service can be really funny. Each office is run like its own little kingdom with its own rules. Currumbin wouldn't register vehicles with a GVM over 4T... ??? What the hell kind of a rule is that? Called the call centre, was told we must have had the work experience kid serve us, try a different office, we tried Southport and got it registered no worries as a light vehicle under 4.5T GVM.

Its bizarre isnt it?

Strathpine office issued me a vin number and just said stamp it on the chassis and take it to an inspection centre so they can check it is stamped on there. No safety certificate needed because even though it is home made, it is brand new. The second person I spoke to said I needed a safety certificate before they would do anything. The third didnt have a clue what to do, When it finally got to the inspector, he says "Where's your build plate?" I explain that I had spoken to three people already and not one mentioned that I needed to get a build plate off them and engrave all the GVM, build date, vin etc on there. He just rolled his eyes lol, he must have seen it all before.

It would be much easier next time if I were to make another one, I can tell the Qld transport people how to do their job now haha.

lady at southport told me you didn't have to pay stampduty when i changed over reg papers on my nav from the previous owner. :D i was like yeah thats right. saved me a lot of coin

Haha thats awesome.

forgot the 2nd part, previous owner never noticed it was registered as a petrol (6 cylinder) and when i corrected her on it i asked for the remaining rego to be refunded for difference.. i think i walked out with $30 or $40 in my pocket lol

Just noticed the QD32Ti going into my truck is rated a tad below a 302.

Half tempted to bolt it into a 6th Gen F250 4x4.

We're going to start the rebuild of a '77 F100 in the coming months. Was a victim of the bushfires last year, it's got a bent chassis and major panel damage and the interior is screwed but as luck would have it the 351 we bolted in it about 15 years ago was out of it at the time the bushfires went through. This is really just a labour of love job, not even sure if we will ever get the ute back on the road. The old girl holds a bit of nostalgia for quite a few of us so it seems fitting we atleast get her back to a decent condition.

We're going to start the rebuild of a '77 F100 in the coming months. Was a victim of the bushfires last year, it's got a bent chassis and major panel damage and the interior is screwed but as luck would have it the 351 we bolted in it about 15 years ago was out of it at the time the bushfires went through. This is really just a labour of love job, not even sure if we will ever get the ute back on the road. The old girl holds a bit of nostalgia for quite a few of us so it seems fitting we atleast get her back to a decent condition.

Thats great KraftyPg,
Good luck with the project!

Latest posts

Back