Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Joe, I just use mirrors to see what's behind me. On the occasion when I can't see what is behind me (and this has happened, a bunch of hippies were drafting behind my caravan), I just hit the anchors. It's amazing what pops out from behind when you're hard on the brakes.

I just tap hard, then leave the accelerator unattended while they get too close and figure I'm not picking up the pace again. It usually makes them very upset, probably costing them more in fuel.

Sorry guys.
Had to leave you last night. Wifie had that "come hither" look in her eye.
Found out this morning that she was starting to get a sty.

Explains the frosty reception. :big_smile:

Wow typical a warmish day and the power companies here decide we don't need an uninterrupted power supply. Given I'm in the middle of creating some large graphics files I am thankful for a UPS and the bastard just paid for itself by not loosing those files for me.

Crap that's twice in an hour, think I might invest in a UPS for the UPS, or a long extension lead which I can plug straight into the bloody power station.

I killed one earlier this year but I refurbished it and offloaded it to someone as a second hand unit but for more than the new one cost me.

Our record down here is 87 hours for a black out without notice and typically was the middle of a hot summer and the power company (which back then was the SEC and not these private mobs) couldn't even offer a bloody excuse let alone a repair time. Today however we lost phone lines as well and the phones still haven't come back.

we have a fair few around 8 or 9 hrs straight no warning.
weve had a few 8 hr planned last 3 months, a 30sec outage almost every day and i think 2-3 days straight after BlackSat.......

I forgive them for times like Black Saturday and I accept that some times car accidents etc cause outages but I find it hard to forgive them for all the other times....there is just too many of them.

but I find it hard to forgive them for all the other times....there is just too many of them.

couldnt agree more...

I caught the bastards out one day a few yaers back.....
power went out early morning one RDO monday and after ringing TXU at the time they said they had not found the fault yet, some 1 1/2 hours after first out, then rang back in 1/2 an hour and they said the guys had found the fault but power would be out the rest of the day :rant::rant:
said buggar u pricks and decided to drive down to Epping and grab some gear from supercrap for a vehicle service......bugger me dead, half way down a whole TXU crew were running new aerial cabling down the main road.....NO accidents, fire, pole down or possums but planned upgrade except without informing it customers:rant::rant:

Yeah they are good, we had a transformer near us blow about 15 years ago (whodda thunk lightning would effect such things with a direct hit) we could see the bastard from our house, we reported it and the bastards still took 8 hours to find it. Gotta love em!

Whats everyone up to today ?

I have got to drive up to Bribie Island (about 45mins away) to see my oldies sometime today so i might try and time it with low tide and drive down the beach to see what damage the big swell and king tides have done to the surf beach.

About to brave Westfield Kotara and Charlestown Square, wish me luck.

Think Ill go check out Maitland mall and Greenhills.

Stuff Newcastle, plus those carparks weren't designed for Dual Cabs in mind I dont think.

Let alone Matt's Patrol. Haha.

I have got to drive up to Bribie Island (about 45mins away) to see my oldies sometime today so i might try and time it with low tide and drive down the beach to see what damage the big swell and king tides have done to the surf beach.

Nice, should be a good trip mate.

How long you off for Matt.

Oh and by the way, whats it like to have the most popular thread on here.

Latest posts

Back