Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey how's it going my name is Kevin I live in Stratton and I have a silver 09 d22 number plate 1bigkev it has a 2 inch suspension lift and a 2 inch body lift with 33 inch maxis bighorns

Hey Kevin. Welcome mate. Loving this rain, the tracks should be getting pretty sloppy now

Hey guys Spearwood here. Just bought a Nav. Waiting to pick it up this week hopefully.

Hey guys, last minute call out.

Heading to the powerlines today. We will be meeting at dome 0930 then Chidlow Rd at about 1000, meeting under the powerlines. Gonna test out my new lokka.

Come along if you can. Il be on UHF CH17. Holla out for VB.

That's sucks. When ur back and keen for a drive let me know.

Meanwhile, it's not dome, it's the Mundaring Artisan Bakery. I swear it used to be a dome. Anyway.... If I get any good pics il post em up, plus a track report. There are plenty of rumors that the track has been graded, but I doubt they could grade all the obstacles, maybe they have just done the chicken tracks. Fark it's hot out here!!

Righto, back from our trek on the Mundaring powerline track. Bloody hot out there. Quiet day, only saw about 2 other groups, each with 3 vehicles. All of them were just crawling along using the chicken tracks, I don't get it.

Now to tell you something you might not be sure about - the 4wd Systems Auto Lokka is bloody awesome!! Installed it last week and today was my first use of it. Wow! I've done the track a few times in my Nav before, so I know where I struggle. Today was a different story! Where I used to have to give it some berries to make it up/over/through an obstacle, today in a lot of instances I was able to crawl through, some cases I could even let it idle through. I've never been soft in my approach to 4wding, and always give something a crack - the lokka is like a new lease on life. Instead of attacking an obstacle and wondering if I will make it, now I can look and see how can I make this more difficult.

I did get beaten twice, once in a mud hole with all wheels spinning and no movement. And the second time was the massive rock steps on the left near the end of the track. I've never tried this before, you would be stupid to! So I gave it a crack, now that I'm all locked up. Haha. I got most of the way up but a massive boulder at the rear wheel was giving me grief. I was trying though, even got smoke coming off the tyres. That's a first. My mate just gave me a little pull over the boulder and I finished the climb.

The very best part about having the lokka is that now I am the one teasing my mate in his Pootrol when he can't make an obstacle, and he is on 33s with 2" lift, damn that thing can flex.

The chicken tracks have been graded, but that only affects you if you use them. Some of the obstacles seem to have the lip/exit worn down making it a little easier. I reckon after the next rain and plenty of trucks having a crack will fix it up again.

Il get on the computer tonight and bang up a coupla pics. My mate still has most of the pics as its hard for me to take photos when I'm driving. Haha.

Make sure you get your Navs out there! I've hardly ever seen Navs on the track.

Is that a sign that navs are shit or just me? lol.....

Brett

Haha. Nah! I see plenty of Navs out there lifted and bigger tyres on em, but I just never see em on the trax. Navs go good off road. Maybe they are all too busy doing FIFO with u.

I have done mundaring at many times now I get have pissed a couple of people off with coil suspension with what I have done it all comes down to the line you take and I am a bit heavy with my right foot which has made me do a couple of hills or tracks most people won't give go even my brother Inlaw has a d40 and he can almost do everything but if it looks like I struggled at it he won't give it a go

Hi guys new to here. Me and my missus have a 2011 d22. Soon to have 2" suspension and 2" cab lift. Then 33s. Just got to find a nice set that arnt to noisy to keep the missus happy.

Welcome dude. For a quiet set of muddies just wind your window up. Works well for me. Ha. What's the legalities of body lifts in WA? I'm very keen to do mine if the process is simple.

Hey guys. Couple of pics from Wednesday at the powerlines. Still waiting for my mate to send a few more. Has anyone ever tried this rock climb in their Nav? I saw a jacked up cruiser in 4wd action giving it a go, and another guy with 35s and 4inch lift, another cruiser. Sorry if the image size offends you, I have no idea how to shrink it.
image10_zps8aa0860f.jpeg
[/IMG]

image1_zps5fdea99e.jpeg
[/IMG]

Latest posts

Back