Perth Roll Call!

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey all. Just got home from doing the powerlines. Awesome. I will post pics later when I get on my laptop. Dont worry guys, I did us proud.

Track report - The chicken tracks have all been graded (somehow), so traveling along the entire track is probably possibly in a two wheel car. I saw a suburu outback putting along.

The actual obstacles are just as hard as before, some have gotten harder with the rain and high usage.

Bogged - once. But made sure I was snatched out by a Nissan. I snatched out a jeep wrangler to make up for it.

Damage sustained- snapped power steering hose connector. Battery shifted during the last puddle of the day and snapped the bugger. Steering home was HEAVY!

muddy1.jpg

rearflex.jpg

rutclimbing.jpg

Some pics from the Powerline track....Wicked fun!!!!!!!!

fark yeh, looks wet as! I love the navara's so much but im so upset with the suspension side of things :( looks like you had fun mate, spweing i couldnt make it, car all good now though :D

Brett

Looks like you had a blast, now you just gotta clean her up!

I'll keep an eye out for the dwellingup trip, love to come if I'm available and catch up with some of you guys.

Mike

Oh yeh it was a blast. Lucky work has a high pressure washer. Il be chasing up the power steering part through the week. Il have a look at my planner and then work out a date for Dwello. Il post a date up here and see how many people think they may be able to attend. I only saw 1 other Nav today, bit disappointing, but its ok cos I was representing us to a pretty good level haha.

Oh yeh it was a blast. Lucky work has a high pressure washer. Il be chasing up the power steering part through the week. Il have a look at my planner and then work out a date for Dwello. Il post a date up here and see how many people think they may be able to attend. I only saw 1 other Nav today, bit disappointing, but its ok cos I was representing us to a pretty good level haha.

nice work man. My roster is as follows : out on 26/7/12 back 9/8/12, out on 16/8/12 back 30/8/12 and so forth. will keep an eye out and get out with ya for a cruise.

Brett

Hey all. HELP. I snapped my powersteering inlet joint on Sunday. Nissan can't get one from Japan for a few weeks. The wreckers will only sell me the complete pump. A fitter at work said he could make a joint up for me, but if I can get an original part I would prefer that.

Does anyone have a busted/spare PS pump laying around that I could use the inlet joint from?? Or should I just use the one my mate can make as it will be stronger than the crap Nissan use?

Yeh it was kinda my fault. I've got an oversized battery under the bonnet which sits close to the PS line. I was playing around in the last puddle on the track and got a bit too playful causing some bouncing......battery shifted slightly and snapped the joint.

Il make sure I knock everyone off early tomorrow so my mate can concentrate on my job. Haha

Haha yeh I know. Next trip we were thinking of Dwello, but I've heard the tracks there aren't too challenging. Have you thought of going that bit further to Collie?

I am just keen for a drive, no matter the skill level, although i do need practice as this is my first forby.

quite a bummer, off to work for another 2 weeks, the week off really doesn't last long.

Brett

I know what you mean. If you do come with me Brett I can talk you through your route selection over obstacles, gear selection, speed, throttle control and all the rest as I teach this stuff at work. Just came back from 3 days of 4wding at our training area in Northam. Hence why i haven't got my Powersteering fixed yet.

Dwello is not so much about the challenge. Great track for cutting your teeth on for the rookies.

Dwello is more about the bbq breakfast at the start and the Quindanning pub at the end. With a bit of mud to be had in the middle.

Would like to do some decent mud driving :) give these km2's a work out.

I will get out with ya, just gotta find time, alarm system all good and sweet now, aint no one stealing this nav (not that anyone would want to) :D so we can sort something out.

Anyhow, off for two weeks, will try and check this page to see if you organise anything and shit.

Brett

Hey Perthies.

Finally fixed my PS joint yesterday. So I was then able to drive to the wash point at work. 1.5hr later I still need to do under the bonnet and re-clean under the Nav. Would have been a whole lot easier if I had done it last week. Silly me.

Lessons learnt - wash your mud chunks off your car ASAP once finished 4wding, especially from underneath. Also, make sure your battery is secure and won't shift.

What ru guys up to?

Latest posts

Back