Newcastle

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys.
I am new to this fourm and found this newcastle thread.
I have not long purchased a 06 d22 and am looking to go on a few missions.
I have done a little 4wd but i am more interested in going for drives rather than the extreme stuff.
Anyway i have just moved here from NZ and thought it would be a good way to see the area.

Hi guys.
I am new to this fourm and found this newcastle thread.
I have not long purchased a 06 d22 and am looking to go on a few missions.
I have done a little 4wd but i am more interested in going for drives rather than the extreme stuff.
Anyway i have just moved here from NZ and thought it would be a good way to see the area.

your more than welcome to tag along
we try to get away atleast once a month somewhere for a day drive

sounds like we have a few people going. gunna be a good trip I reckon

What is the terrain you usally head out to like?
Would a standard factory be ok?
We went down stockton last weekend and was a bit of fun!!

You buggers dont make it easy being a Friday Saturday do you?? Im putting in for the day off today, but cant guarantee that ill be able able to (especially after yesterdays sicky). Keen to actually make a trip this time though, as i always have something come up and end up going somewhere by myself. I do play well with other kids i promise!

something tells me I shouldn't of washed my car today coz now I can see all the fresh new pin strips and missing paint from Sunday's session

i havent washed mine
brad still has his dint and i think it will take time b4 he forgives me for leading you all through a lantana plantation just to find the bridge washed out
then we had to turn back and go through it all again
all part of the fun and thats why i bought a white truck
what a great day with some really good tracks
bring on the next trip

Last edited:
yeah I hear that sparra. it was a good day and some good tracks yeah lots of lantana but you get that haha I'm so keen for the next trip. bring it on!!!

Okay Sparra, we might be in, but we're going to do the drive a few days before so we can see what the conditions are going to be like. We'll head up the New England and turn off to Eccleston, then take the road through to Barry, then up to Hanging Rock. We probably won't head west at Wallabadah to Quirindi, we'll just come straight home again.

I'll report back on the road condition after the trip. Fossickers Tourist Park (Nundle) offers powered and unpowered caravan/camper sites, cabins and they allow small dogs so our ball of fluff can come too. Standard cabins are $65/night, powered sites $25/night.

Will get back to you all after the weekend (we'll mosey up on this Sunday to check it out). I'll try to highlight any potential areas of concern (eg deep water crossings).

Yeah I'm in mate.
I don't blame you for the lantana, I just really hate that fuckin plant.
Defently need too fit the bash plates before next trip, got a dint in the new muffler too :(

tony
thats great , looks like there will be a few of us giong
i am booking my bed today, i hear the pub does a great meal also
brad
great effort with your 2wd climb on paintball hill
ile have to remember to lock my hubs next time:rofl:
give me a call when your doin your bashplates and ile give you a hand

What is the terrain you usally head out to like?
Would a standard factory be ok?
We went down stockton last weekend and was a bit of fun!!

we usially look for a good challenge when we do our day trips
but there is normally another way round if its too rough
and we try to go somewhere new each time
we havent hurt one yet and theres always someone with a winch fitted and most of us carry plenty of recovery gear
your std nav will be fine

well I'll book my room today as well atleast it's done then. good to see a few ppl are coming.

Okay, found a sitter for the stay at home pussies and health allowing, we will be there.

Currently the plan is leaving the nether parts of Sydney on the early afternoon of the Friday, we think we will just highway bash to Wallabadah, then straight across along the Lindsay's Gap Road to Nundle Caravan Park. Our second last trip north did a similar effort to Bowling Alley Reserve on Chaffey Dam (not the same as Bowling Alley Point). Boring, but we don't like to rush stuff like the Gundy - Timor- Nundle road that is a nice gentle drive.

So far, so good.

Guys, do NOT try towing anything.

This Sunday just gone, we went and did the trek in our Navara and I am glad we've had it lifted.

They've built humps into the tracks, probably to stop the water from flowing down the road and destroying it. Unfortunately this means a stock height Navara will probably JUST make it, but the drawbar on anything towed will hit the dust. Our caravan has to stay at home.

There are around half a dozen concrete causeways and there are 20 - yes, TWENTY - rock and sand based water crossings. Each of these wouldn't have wet our hubs (which we're lucky for, because our airbox is broken) but 4WD was needed in a couple because of how steep the opposite bank was.

Let me say that it's a bloody beautiful scenic drive. There are some steep drops on the side of the road in places and up around Sheba Dam it's quite cold. The highest point we passed through was 1386m above sea level and there's a dirt section that drops from there down to about 600-odd metres.

The town of Barry isn't a town at all - it's a cattle station. The road goes through it, with live cattle able to block the road.

Ellerston is also NOT a town - it's a horse station, but from there on it's sealed road anyway.

If we're just doing the drive, I reckon it could be made even more interesting by turning east at Gundy and heading up and over the Tops into Gloucester.

Latest posts

Back