National Navara Muster?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well wayneD4T and my self are setting off at abour 3-3.30 .........From Queensland but !

I am on holiday's so sleeping in and not leaving until around 9:00am on Thursday.. should arrive around 3pm on Friday. Its only 1275 odd kms from Adelaide.

Ill be leaving melb at about 5-6am fri morning, should be there around 4ish I think

I'll be leaving Melbourne at about 3 am also (if i can get the wife out of bed that early) - but i have an excuse, i'll be picking up the V6 D40 from dubbo !!! Cant wait. (I wonder if the wife will let me drive it though?)

I have been doing a little research on portable toilets and have discovered that there are at least two treatments you can use in your portable toilet that can be used in septic systems (and composting toilets as well, like many of the ones now employed in rest areas, national parks etc).

The first is Enviropro's Portable Toilet Treatment. I don't know if this is available in stores, and I don't know how effective it is. I wasn't sure I'd get any in time so I didn't approach this company.

Rays Outdoors have a Bio product that isn't available on their website but it is in the store, it looks to be pretty much the same as the one from Enviropro.

These are not sterilisers, they are bio-based, so you need to clean out both top and bottom tanks before using this stuff. The advantage is that instead of using 150ml per tank, you use 25ml per tank, so where the Aquakem bottle @ $17 might last you for 7 tanks (say), the bio stuff @ $35 lasts for 40 tanks.

I'm not convinced it's perfect, I haven't actually tried it yet. I HAVE tried some of the home recipes and they really are lacking, they are also quite unsuitable for septic systems (any chemical that sanitises is unsuitable as it kills the biomatter inside the septic tank or composting toilet).

Enough talk about shit, let's get on with the show!

Latest posts

Back