National Navara Muster?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dont worry Brad ... apparantly i got a terrible memory, so as long as you get in before bosshog, i'll probably forget that there is a rumoured grog levy ...

You'll be a JD man by the end of the weekend Ian.

dave
when i drink spirits its wild turkey,jack is too sweet 4 me
tony
do you know what ados springs is ??
its on track mud map on ados website
is it a swimming hole ? or a puddle?
cheers

Last edited:
Craig I heard 8am.

So stand around for 30 minutes with introductions and talking shit and then head.

WOW guys ... Bosshog first started THIS thread on 25-11-2010 and in only ONE weeks time the MUSTER will be starting.

Who is excited about that?

I just had a sit down meeting with our contact in NISSAN this morning, and then we loaded up my ute with more goodies for me to take to the muster. I reckon i'm going to be overloaded with all the goodies that our generous sponsors have donated to the committee to distribute to those that are coming to the Muster. EACH ute coming to the muster will definately be getting their $$$ worth in value return for their Muster fee. Considering all the goodies i'm dragging up to Ados, plus the fact that their will be huge dinner on the Sunday night - this Muster will be a hard act to follow in future years.

There is still opportunity for last minute registrations if you have been hard pressed to make the descision to come ???? Any takers ????

Dont forget the RFDS that we are raising money to donate to. Jump on the RFDS thread and donate some money and we will send you tickets into a prize draw for some fabulous prizes.

Thats it from me for a few days, as i'll be incognito - but i should be back on-line by sunday night.

I've been busy making the road signs.

They're cheap and nasty but they're better than not having any signs. Here they are in production:

attachment.php

and here's how it should look on the road:

attachment.php

This is the intersection of the Newell Highway and Tooraweenah Rd. Don't forget that your GPS will tell you it's about 180m south of here. Just slow down and watch for the sign.

Pass through Tooraweenah itself and about 8.5km out of town you'll see a "NNM 300m" sign, then as the road rises and turns to the left you'll see another sign like the above, with a bunch of other signs too - I'll try to position it to make it stand out.

Just off the Tooraweenah Rd is a cattle grid, go through this and there's a Y-intersection and I'll have another sign up there.

Finally, at a T-intersection just after crossing a creek I'll have one last sign up.

I hope the signs survive! In future we might get larger ones screen printed.

Attachments

• NewellHwySign.JPG
    NewellHwySign.JPG
    19.9 KB
  • IMG_2536-resized.jpg
    IMG_2536-resized.jpg
    170.6 KB
I was just wondering how many people are attending the muster.... ? I would love to be there but the whole work to live thing gets in the way all the time! I hope your getting a fair few guys and it's a great weekend!
P.s .... The signs look great!

At last count about 40 people including kids, don't know if there have been any other registrations since then.

We'll post pics. I'll be taking plenty of pics from around the camp, we'll have pics and video footage of the tracks as well.

Great work OT. I for one appreciate all the work all you guys are doing, volunteer work often gets overlooked.

Can't wait.

Great work OT. I for one appreciate all the work all you guys are doing, volunteer work often gets overlooked.

Can't wait.

Thanks mate it has consumed a huge amount of time, but all four of us have really enjoyed doing this. All that hard work is going to pay off; it is going to be a fantastic event.

Honestly, we could not have done this without our wonderfull sponsors:

1. Nissan Australia
  2. ARB
  3. Chip It
  4. Snake Racing
  5. RFI Antennas
  6. Niss 4X4 Autospares
  7. Nizzbits
The highlight for me is going to be driving the 550!

BH

I've just spoken with Peter (owner of the place we're holding this event at). He said that the Tooraweenah Pub has good counter lunches and they have a BBQ dinner on Saturday night which "you've gotta be real hungry if you want to finish it". It's apparently good tucker.

If only a couple of people want to go there for dinner on Saturday night it won't be a drama, but if 10 or more want to go, they'd like some advance notice so they can buy the extra meat they'll need.

SO, who wants a country BBQ dinner on Saturday night? Get numbers to me asap, I have to call Peter back with numbers on Tuesday at the latest.

Dave never said anything about where you eat he just wants a designated driver...I think he's an alcoholic :ha:

Thanks. Na 2 nights on the turps is enough for me.

Couldn't handle it everyday.

Oh and awesome effort by you guys.

Get Nissan Australia to bring some R200A diffs along or even better. Some R230A's.

Can't wait.

My family and I second that! It has been a sensational effort and A OUTSTANDING COMMITMENT by committee members to make this event happened.

PS, I for one, will be looking forward to personally drinking the committee’s member’s own alcoholic beverages.

Kind regards,

RLI
:cheers!::flowers:

I've just spoken with Peter (owner of the place we're holding this event at). He said that the Tooraweenah Pub has good counter lunches and they have a BBQ dinner on Saturday night which "you've gotta be real hungry if you want to finish it". It's apparently good tucker.

If only a couple of people want to go there for dinner on Saturday night it won't be a drama, but if 10 or more want to go, they'd like some advance notice so they can buy the extra meat they'll need.

SO, who wants a country BBQ dinner on Saturday night? Get numbers to me asap, I have to call Peter back with numbers on Tuesday at the latest.

G,day Tony,

Mate, if you and your wife are looking at going, count Allison and I and our two girls in.

Regards,

RLI
:cheers!:

Latest posts

Back