Any1 pulled a swifty on the mrs? lol

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today's not a bad day at all. I've been eyeing off this cherry black Schecter electric guitar with a genuine Floyd Rose Special tremolo bridge and double humbuckers.

Today, wife told me to grab it. And a hard Gator case that fits the thing absolutely perfectly.

And sweet Jesus it sounds good. We checked that the bridge returns perfectly after bending the notes (in either direction) and it didn't disappoint. I'm bloody well stoked!

Nice work old.tony
gotta love it when that happens, enjoy the new purchase :rock:

hehe :) im a woman who doesnt need swifties pulled on her :) love the cars and nav as much if not more than my partner :) we regularly run very low on groceries to spoil our four wheeled babies i guess u could call them :)

might have to do it again....decided i need another gun,this one is for deer and pigs..i think i wont even tell her ...just lock it up in the gun safe...she wont even know whats in there...

Old Tony ... your posts are absolute GOLD !!!

About the snorkle appearing: The first weekend i got my car, we went camping and 4wd'ing. I did a couple of creek crossings, first one was about axle deep so no problems. The 2nd crossing was much deeper - the bow wave was lapping over the front of the bonnet. Two months later my car went off to have its bull bar fitted and came back with a snorkle as well. The MRS was not happy, but then i tactfully reminded her that the snorkle was not optional, it was required equipement .... 'remember i nearly drowned the car the first weekend?' The funniest thing is that she did not even notice the snorkle on the car until our 4 yr old son asked me what it was (on the 2nd day after fitting) - boy did she blow her stack then !!!

Now i have got a bit more savvy. We went in early June off with the 4wd club that i've joined (family membership) and we did a couple of adventurous day trips. Out of 6 vehicles, mine was the only one without suspension mod's. I was bottoming out nearly every humps we went over, and then draggin the tow bar through everything else. By the end of the 2nd day trip she was asking when i'm geting the suspension lift on the car. YIPPY ... the car is booked in for tomorrow for the 2" lift kit (with 'her' blessing)

Other items she is passively agreed to, is a long range fuel tank. She does not like the fuel smell in the rear tub area from the plastic jerry cans leaking in the back. THe 12K pound winch has not even raised an eye-brow from her, winch is also getting installed tomorrow. To give credit to my darling wife, she did not flinch when i came home one day with a different tow bar and spent nearly 2 hours in the garage with a mate taking the old one off and putting the new one on, and then spent the following weekend getting a better step made for the bar

http://www.navara.asia/d40-general-chat/4070-ironman-rear-step-bar-d40.html

BUT, she is slowing me down from getting an awning to come off the side of the roof rack at the moment.

I'm lucky that my wife actually was happy for me to upgrade my falcon wagon to a 4wd, so we could spend more time going camping as a family instead of me taking off on my boat going fishing every weekend. But the costs have kept coming, replacing a trailer with an off road camping trailer, chain saw, car upgrades, spare rims (soon to be fitted with muddies), replace the axle and hubs on camper trailer with an electric braked system with hubs to suit the navara alloys that i've bought .... geez, the list keeps going. Guess i better get a 2nd job ... or send the MRS back to work ...

yeehaa getting new mickey t's today. Its been raining here and had the mrs in the car, went around a round a bout and gave it a little and slid out pretty bad...and i said "geez these tyres a sh**..happens everytime and its so dangerous having the kids in the car aswell" ;-p she agreed...so cant wait till the end of the day!! finally the kids have come in handy!!

Woody, sounds like your missus is pretty cool too!

We've been looking at recovery gear so that we can basically finish the fitout for the kinds of terrain we want to drive on. We basically only need a winch extension, tree protector, hitch receiver, snatch block and a few bow shackles.

We've been looking at all the cheap ones and shaking our heads, wondering just how effective they're going to be when we're deep in the mud and trying to rescue ourselves. Wife's said "if the best stuff is at ARB, just get it from there". Amen.

As for that side awning, you could take her fishing somewhere and sit her beside the car, and then say "ya know, if we had one of those awnings, you'd be in the shade". Personally I don't fish, I just dispose of bait, hooks & sinkers, but we sit there looking at the scenery and chat and enjoy the time.

As for that side awning, you could take her fishing somewhere and sit her beside the car, and then say "ya know, if we had one of those awnings, you'd be in the shade". Personally I don't fish, I just dispose of bait, hooks & sinkers, but we sit there looking at the scenery and chat and enjoy the time.

Ahhh Tony .... Genius in action ... great idea mate - wish i'd though of that.!

As for the recovery gear - i snuck in a purchase of a air compressor kit and tyre repair kit from ARB the day after i signed the purchase documents at the car dealer for my Nav.

And when i got the bull bar and snorkle fitted, i also came home with an Ironman full Recovery pack (she still does not know i bought it that day - and i aint telling her). At least i only got into trouble for the snorkle (so far).

Not even close mate, just a little older than some here and a lot more vocal than I probably ought to be. But then I just enjoy gettin' into it and talking about stuff and enjoying life because I was only given one ticket for this life. The ride will come to a stop one day and I"ll be stuffed if I'm going to sit there at the end and say "well shit, I didn't enjoy that, let me do it again".

I learned two valuable lessons: people are usually willing to give if they've just received. They're also willing to let you do things to their advantage. If you consider those two things, and can swing situations to encourage people the right way, then everyone wins.

Well wanted to get the engine re-built in the patrol but the misses said she was sick of me spending time on it so she said go and get a new navara and what you get for the patrol you can spend half on the new truck!

Well wanted to get the engine re-built in the patrol but the misses said she was sick of me spending time on it so she said go and get a new navara and what you get for the patrol you can spend half on the new truck!

lol

I have a theory...since females whinge a lot...i think its to get what they want. and i believe it works both ways?! Hmmm im going to try my theory out...il whinge whinge and whinge until I can get a decent lift and spotties...wish me luck!

Wife wanted a new vehicle so we bought a D40 ST-X Nav, she works so we paid half each and the little lady pays for all the extra's. Winna!!

Latest posts

Back