What was this noise :) does the D40 have a Gremlin ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozzkev

Reaction score
hi guys the wife and I were in the garage just last night everything was very quite then all of a sudden from the D40 made this weird electrical sounding noise it had been sitting for around 7 hrs since being driven, has anybody heard of this ? The mrs said what was that " nothing dear just a D40 gremlin :) all jokes aside it was a electrical noise I've racked my brain as to what it sounds like .....
Cheers Kev

G'day ... I dunno to be honest thinking bout it .. It may have been .. Prob lasted a few seconds I guess .. Just talking to the mrs she was just saying she noticed it made a very similar noise when I filled up with diesel at BP even before I started it up ....

I did read a thread on here quite a while back, it was about a noise that was herd well after the car was parked. I have herd my D40 do it once, but that's just because i happened to walk passed it right when it did it, i think it does it after i park it all the time, but im not about to sit next to it to find out.
From what i remember it turned out to be something to do with the fuel system. I will try and find the thread and post a link up.

Yeah that be good to have a look at I reckon, don't blame ya :) I'm sure as he'll not going to sit next to it to find out either LOL

Thereis another thread on here about it. Mine does it too, I think we put it down to a pressure relief on the fuel tank. My noise comes from the back near the diff to the passenger side. It annoys the crap out of me as I alway try to duck under the car to find where exactly and it stops every time just as I'm about to find it. I've now given up. Your nav doesn't go into limp mode with no CEL light does it? I discussed this with Old.Tony a while ago as mine does go into limp mode on occasions and it also hums every now and then. When we thought it may be a pressure relief valve it was then we decided to try and loosen the fuel cap to prevent issues .

I am keen to find out what it is but I'm still not quick enough......lol

Latest posts

Back