What to Ask When Buying New?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As for running it in, it will be my first diesel but i will just run it in like i do with all my other cars. I normally run my bikes in on the dyno, but that's a story for another time haha.
Like Krafty said, Nissan say it just to cover themselves.

I don't know what people complain about with car paint and scratches, my utes had a solid week of cows licking it and rubbing their mud and shit covered hides against it and so far apart from the dirt the paint isn't scratched and scored like some people suggest has happened to theirs from bush pin stripping. But then again maybe I am just a little less precious with my car that some people are.

I am betting you do not have black paintwork...

Grunt

Last edited:
Well,

I have not signed or paid anything yet, after a day's researching uncovered some interesting comments made by another Nissan dealer, some 5kms up the road....

Those 60 odd Nissans on the boat that one dealer stated they were all sold except for 1 - the black one....

Well, another dealer stated that those 60 odd Nissans were not sold at all..!

And, he stated that the 2012 d40 ST-X models were going to be a 3.0L V6 Diesel....

Hate dealing with car dealers guys...just like RE agents.

Now, I am left in a quandry.....

Grunt

Blue Opal (the light blue metallic)

Some dealers may not be lying. Just because there is 60 on a ship doesn't mean all dealers can have a shot at them. Due to dealer networks etc some dealers get priority on shipments so while one dealer might say they are all sold and another says they aren't, both could still be telling the truth.

I thought the 2012 update was to remove the RX and ST, move all manufacturing to Spain and make the all models fit the current STX format and sell along side the V6 oil burner. There might be a 3L in the works though, Ford has just put a 3.2 in their ute (so has Mazda), Isuzu is reportedly bringing a 3.2 into Aus so Nissan bringing a 3.0 could happen, but I wouldn't hold my breath on things they are notoriously slow at bring new models to this country,

I love dealing with car salesmen, it's a practiced game and more than one of my new cars has risen for the simple comment "I'm bored it must be time to annoy some car dealers". I'm not naive enough to think I ever beat them or beat them down so far they are going without their next meal but it's a fun game.

One of the dealers has to be wrong?

Thanks again KraftyPg.

I am sure your cows think your Navara tastes soooo goood. :)

Grunt

No they can all be right just ask them :big_smile:

The cows also sit in their own crap, so they aren't the cleverest animals.

Cows with Guns spelled it out best

"Fat and docile, big and dumb
They look so stupid, they aren't much fun"

LOL. The wife rang another dealer today, specifically requesting information about the STX and the dealer kept on demanding she buy one of the many ST's 'stranded' in his car yard.... Funny stuff@!

Gotta love the cows.....and their creamy hot fresh milk right out of the teat....

ANyway, really keen to know more about this 3.0L diesel proposal for the 2012 D40 ST-X...

I need to know if I should wait for the 2012 model or buy the 2011 model (now expected to be offloaded mid - late Jan 2012).

Grunt, the changes (confirmed by my dealer, he read this out in a bulletin to me) are:

The 2011 'ST' is a Thai build with fewer options
The 2011 'STX' is a Spain build with a 4-cylinder turbo diesel
The 2011 'STX550' is a Spain build with a 6-cylinder turbo diesel

In 2012, this changes: D40 production in Thailand ceases. The 'ST' model production moves to Spain and is going to be equivalent to the STX of 2011 (with whatever extra features they choose to add to it to improve it over the 2011 model).

The STX of 2012 will be the same as the 2011 STX550.

Waiting for a 2012 ST will be little different to getting a 2011 STX.

Thanks Tony.

So, the D40 STX 2012 will have a 3.0L turbo diesel motor (same as 2011 STX 550)? Is this correct?

Do you happen to know the prices for the 2012 D40 STX?

Grunt

That's the word on it, the 2012 will have a 3L V6 diesel.

Prices should be similar to current, the Aussie dollar is still pretty strong and most international trading is done in USD for now. It'll probably change to the Yuan before we know it, but for now everything revolves around the Untied States (deliberate dyslexic moment there).

I would expect to pay about $43K for the 2012 ST and $60K for the 2012 STX, I guess. Might need a few more coins depending on inflation etc.

It's a lovely car to drive. Dangerous too - the thing picks up speed so effortlessly you're reaching 100km/h before you know it, and the motor isn't really revving at all at that speed - about 1700rpm. At idle, standing beside it, the engine is quieter than mine - the dealer said they're using a new injector design.

I didn't find a problem with the auto box, but my driving style is somewhat south of Hoke Colburn so its reaction time - for me - was fine. Other than that, and the newer widgets on the dash - it's not a lot different to the D40 I have now.

I must say the black-to-light instrument panel is rather flashy.

Grunt, i remembered that my price was including the ABN discount.
Did your price include that?

That's the word on it, the 2012 will have a 3L V6 diesel.

Prices should be similar to current, the Aussie dollar is still pretty strong and most international trading is done in USD for now. It'll probably change to the Yuan before we know it, but for now everything revolves around the Untied States (deliberate dyslexic moment there).

I would expect to pay about $43K for the 2012 ST and $60K for the 2012 STX, I guess. Might need a few more coins depending on inflation etc.

Hi Tony,

I need more clarification on this one.

What size diesel motor will the 2012 ST have?

If 2.5L diesel, why is it considerably cheaper (at $43k) that today's price of mid-high $50k?

Grunt

The 2012 ST will have the 2.5L 4 cylinder diesel. The 2012 STX will have the 3.0L V6 diesel.

I've no idea why they price things the way they do. Maybe they have to drop the price of the 4 cylinder to make it more appealing. It certainly leaves a big gap to the V6 and you'd have to wonder if the extra cylinders are worth the $10,000 each they appear to cost.

Thanks Tony for that clarification.

I have posted another question on another thread re: deliveries of 2011 STX next month.

Looking forward to your response.

Grunt

I'd have to ask my dealer about it. You could probably get more accurate info from your dealer about what your dealer is going to have - I think they each get different allotments.

Thansk Tony.

I guess I should be clearer...

If I order the STX tomorrow and be promised a dleivery date of 12/12/11, will I be receiving the 2012 ST or 2011 STX?

Grunt

Again, I couldn't say - but since the cars will be identical, if it was me making the purchase I wouldn't be concerned, as it's really just a change of badge for the 4-cyl car.

Latest posts

Back