Turbo Question

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guggisberg

Reaction score
Hi everyone - I'm Pat from Perth. I just bought a 2014 STR D22 from a dealer. Absolutely love it but I am slightly concerned that there may be a problem with the turbo. The car was quite weak when I took it off road and there is a hissing sound from the turbo and at times it feels weak other times it feels ok. I have extended the new car warranty until 2020 but I am not what I would say when I call the dealer. I am not even sure if something is wrong or if it is just not a powerful as I thought it would be?? Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

cheers
Pat Guggisberg.

Im guessing u might have a boost leake somewhere.
Check all hoses and clamps from turbo to intercooler to intake, and keep an eye out for oil mist/oil around the intercooler and all hoses.

A boost leak is the first thing to look for. Check the hoses and the intercooler. Signs of oil coming OUT of the air hoses (or anything else) between the turbocharger and the intake manifold will reveal the source of the leak.

You could also check the gasket between the exhaust manifold and the turbocharger turbine inlet.

Could also be the intercooler itself. They only have crimped on end tanks and they can leak. Mine leaks a bit when high up in the rpm, but I would probably start with checking the hoses. Wouldn't hurt to remove them and make sure there isn't excess oil in there from the pcv system causing a leak where the hoses join to the intercooler and turbo. Give them a wipe with a rag if they are oily a d refit and see if it makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back