Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice sound track.

Mmmmmmmm, 2 Stroke Detroit Power.

The v24 I posted in the other thread for you is a sweeter sound!

Oh and what happened to Krafty tonight ?

Who offended him.

You did!

I was busy hunting down parts for a 1967 International tractor. And be f*&ked if it's not easier to hunt down parts for that than it is trying to find parts at any of your current car dealerships. The entire parts list for a 40+ yr old tractor are online with part numbers. Nissan ought to take a a hint from CaseIH and move into the 2000's.

Last edited by a moderator:
We still have the Kubota but that is such a good tractor it doesn't have problems. The Massie only has problems because of who drives it and the IH is just one of those old girls you can never get rid of because it's such an antique. It's problem is that someone poured brake fluid in the diesel tank.

In another thread there is talk about knowledge or lack thereof at Repco.

In Autobarn the other day I asked for some NGK BP6ES plugs.

"Follow me" the bloke says & goes behind the counter of the spare parts section. "What are they for?" he says, "rather not say" is my reply.
He insists that it will be easier if I tell him the vehicle & he gets on his computer.

Expectantly he has no idea what a Lada Niva is and I must have repeated it a half a dozen times. Didn't believe it was a car. Spelled it out quite slowly & low & behold, he found it on his computer, although he says BP5ES. Bloody hindrance, not a help.

Bought them from Supercheap because they didn't question what I wanted and were a dollar cheaper each for good measure.

"Johnny No Stars" I call 'em. At Maccas, if they don't have any badges etc, they're a Johnny No Star and usually as handy as a hip pocket on a singlet.

Brain dead and don,t care.

Yeah the Autobarn man did care but had NFI. The Supercheap man was actually a woman & really didn't give a fat rats but that suited me.

Went to Repco the other week & asked whether they had a front wheel bearing kit for the Lada. He had almost as much trouble comprehending what I was saying as the Autobarn man. Not even listed.

At least autobarn bloke had a go, Wife went to autopro in Ballarat to get plugs for the vx commodore, Guy asks and she answers yes its a v6 no its not super charged, ha asks again and the answers are the same pretty simple. come the weekend i start pulling the plugs out, grab a new one open it up compare it to the old and fark me its longer. Trip back to Ballarat 50 km round trip mind you, turns out no brains gave the wife v8 plugs. smart fark he is. In fairness to the shop i have never had a issue there before, but had never been served by this moron before either

That's why it's easier to ask for the part number, except when they think they know better. Doesn't help when they stock a different brand though.

Hey now I know that I am not your nutty neighbour. :redcool:

nothing to admit. we dont have any at work

I rest my case!

That's why it's easier to ask for the part number, except when they think they know better. Doesn't help when they stock a different brand though.

I don't think it's a case of them thinking they know better, I'm sure most of them already know they don't. I think it's got more to do with them knowing they know nothing and assuming everyone else knows as much but the computer knows more.

I was killing time in SCA the other day while the old man chose some oil for his BT50 and I decided to read the Penrite book and see which oil they recommend for a DPF D40, surprise surprise my SCA didn't have it but with Nulon atleast $10 cheaper Penrite were unlikely to convert me anyway.

However they are less likely to convert me when by their own admission their DPF oil suited to Nissan Navara YD25 engines, does not match the same specifications that Nissan say must me matched. I'm willing to admit Penrite probably do more testing than I do and know a bit more about oil than I do but when Nissan say DPF oil must meet "x" standards and Penrite say their oil is "y" standard it doesn't compel me to change from a product that is "x" standard for a cheaper price.

It would be interesting (in someone elses car) to see what Nissan would say come a warranty claim when using Penrite specific DPF oil that is not rated the same as Nissan suggest it needs to be. Would Penrite bother sticking up for their customers who brought the oil in good faith that it was the Nissan recommended specs? Would Nissan uphold warranty because Penrite is a respected name and know their oil despite listing different specs to the ones they request? It's a world of risks but I'm not sure that's a risk I'd jump at.

Latest posts

Back