Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In another thread there is talk about knowledge or lack thereof at Repco.

In Autobarn the other day I asked for some NGK BP6ES plugs.

"Follow me" the bloke says & goes behind the counter of the spare parts section. "What are they for?" he says, "rather not say" is my reply.
He insists that it will be easier if I tell him the vehicle & he gets on his computer.

Expectantly he has no idea what a Lada Niva is and I must have repeated it a half a dozen times. Didn't believe it was a car. Spelled it out quite slowly & low & behold, he found it on his computer, although he says BP5ES. Bloody hindrance, not a help.

Bought them from Supercheap because they didn't question what I wanted and were a dollar cheaper each for good measure.

I swear by Autobarn because they are a lot more helpful than supercheap. I worked at a supercheap for 2 years. I loved pretending I didn't know what car people had when they came in and told me they needed blah blah blah for their WRX or GTR.

Autobarn pissed off SWMBO when she order Navara mats from them and got crap instead, so they are now a no go. Local mob didn't have that much either, Repco has a bit more and SCA crams in everything they can, but you know it is all crap anyway.

Purchased 5 x 20L diesel containers from SCA and had fill the diesel to the lip with the container tilted to get 20 litres into it, which made the level about 2" over the 20 litre mark on the containers. Somehow I don't think my local servo is giving away extra diesel.

On John Deere harvesters, my grandfathers farm has just ground their third John Deere into the dirt after 50 years and two of them were purchased second hand. I think the reason it finally went was the oldest person is now hard of hearing and when the grain built up in the bottom(elevator problems) he just couldn't hear the banging until it jammed up. They can only take so much of that. The last two died because of engine problems, one last year put a piston rod through the block and the one this year caught on fire. On tractors, after a run of IH(which I learnt to drive on), they are now going JD, but I suspect that is more a matter of the JD dealer being the only survivor.

<Dang doesn't look the blender activity in the kitchen is leading to some munchies on a cold Sunday afternoon..

Talking about Penrite, I know some people love their Penrite oil but I have had nothing but grief with the HTB grease.

Repacked the wheel bearings in the van with Penrite & I continue to have oil separation issues. At first I thought that they may have been overpacked but did 3 of them again with less grease & the oil still separates. I had run out of grease for the 4th & used a different brand and that has not separated.

Really annoying when I go out in the shed & see blue oil running down from the hub. Embarrasing when you get to your destination and the wheels are filthy from dust stuck to the outside of the wheel.

how old is the grease, i only ask as i noticed the mobil grease in my gun is leaking out making a shit of a mess and the grease is probably 10 years old. never noticed it leaking till recently so i was going to put it down to age, right or wrong?

It was brand new. Bought it from the bearing shop when I was buying new seals & a spare set of bearings. The stuff stuck like $hit to a blanket. Really tacky.

If the grease gun is under pressure, mine will leak, so it is normally stored with the plunger pulled back.

Is this just Penrite brand grease?

The Castrol HTB I just used up must be about 20 years old and no problems with it breaking down at all, plus I just pack in as much as I can, aka the trailer bearings as I've never done any bearings on any vehicle I've had.

The really old grease in the grease gun The Boss's father gave me just went harder, but still came through the grease gun with a bit of chook language.

I only recommend Mobil grease, but that's probably has something to do with the fact we get it for nothing.

We get it by the box for nothing as long as we are following the right truck as it hits the right bump in the road. It's all an amazing coincidence that happens whenever we get low on cartridges really.

Anyone know where to get the globe holders for D22 dash lights other than Nissan? I managed to bust one when changing my dash lights to LED globes. i read on here that Nissan want $25 odd bucks for them and I think that is a bit of a rip as it is a tiny bit of plastic.

I will call the wreckers in the morning, I have doubts that they will sell the globe holders by them selves, but I guess if they have a busted dash cluster I may be in with a chance.

LOL, we don't sell anything even close to this and have not sold most of that electronic stuff for about 2 years now. Even back then I could only order the stuff from our catalog.

Latest posts

Back