Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our blade slasher has been on the modify list for ages but now we have actual ideas to make the modification work.

As for the tractor its not a Fendt so its actually worth something. :ha: Besides the Bota needs to last about 6 - 8 months we can't justify off loading it until then.

I don't mind free shit but shit is the word at places like that, although between 3 of us we got 24 free samples of this washing powder stuff mum reckons works well.

I got samplers of eucla wash powder, and now we buy the 10 kg buckets of it,

That's the shit. My mum gets as many samples as she can and then uses them in the holiday kits for when they go away so they don't need to take boxes or bottles.

Damm Krafty, I wish you hadn't mentioned the bags of bolts and nuts, now I'll be looking for one of these shows to go to.

I really miss by old hardware store where you could buy bolts, etc by the box of 100. These plastic packs of ten drive me up the wall and cost a small fortune.

I miss the hardware shop where you could buy anything from a single item like a washer, screw etc or buy them by a weight of your choosing.

Its a modern model then:rofl2:

The Massie is a 97 I think. The useless prick we used to have on the farm once asked us if it had a radio so he didn't have to use his iPod when we made him drive the bastard 22ks from one farm to the next, he didn't seem to understand that it didn't even have a bloody hut so a radio wasn't high on the agenda.

Damm Krafty, I wish you hadn't mentioned the bags of bolts and nuts, now I'll be looking for one of these shows to go to.

This biggest problem with these sorts of stalls is that they sell too much. Sure it's all good buying things by the hundred for the same price as the shops sell 10 of them but so many of the things you can by in bulk like that just don't get used or used fully. It's not really a waste of money but given the price but having 100 nuts and bolts of one size because you really only need 50 nuts is not really common sense.

This biggest problem with these sorts of stalls is that they sell too much. Sure it's all good buying things by the hundred for the same price as the shops sell 10 of them but so many of the things you can by in bulk like that just don't get used or used fully. It's not really a waste of money but given the price but having 100 nuts and bolts of one size because you really only need 50 nuts is not really common sense.

Possibly, but I won't have to worry about getting rid of them when I cark it.

I look at it this way, I'll save in the long run in not having to make extra trips to the hardware*, plus when I'm doing a project using 1/4" when I'm short of 3/8" makes no little difference.

*My biggest problem is not putting the little blighters back where they belong and going out to buy another lot and then <bugger> that is where they were.

Doesnt really work like that for me but I am considering going down to Bairnsdale in a few weeks for their field days just too see what's happening and what crap I can buy from there

Possibly, but I won't have to worry about getting rid of them when I cark it.

I look at it this way, I'll save in the long run in not having to make extra trips to the hardware*, plus when I'm doing a project using 1/4" when I'm short of 3/8" makes no little difference.

*My biggest problem is not putting the little blighters back where they belong and going out to buy another lot and then <bugger> that is where they were.

Mate, if you have to worry about getting rid of stuff AFTER you've carked it then you should be on a mission to ban Ouija boards everywhere now.

The problem with finding stuff after you've re-purchased it is covered by Murphy's Law somewhere. I suffer from the same thing, but thankfully I'm on a bender to sort that out once and for all - especially since I've got just two years or so to organise my shit before we move house and anything not sorted properly is going to be tossed.

Latest posts

Back