Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My beef is that if I am paying $30 for a bloody video (which is more than you'd pay for a new release movie, for shit's sake) then I don't want friggin' ads in it. End of story.

Then to have the guy fritter around with <aristocrat voice> "Oh you will just aDORE the wonderful pate and caviar dishes served with an excellent chilled sauvignon ..." for frig's sake just show the bloody 4WD stuff and leave the dickheads from Rose Bay out of it.

How much 4WDing can you bloody do in Point Piper anyway?

Well for starters you shouldn't pay $30 for a DVD but buying it an expecting some sort of quality entertainment and or tips on using different items without being an advert is a bit rich.

We had this disagreement with Rex Hunt many years ago, for those who don't know apart from being an ex copper and ex VFL footballer Rex was a very prominent figure of fishing in Victoria, he spent ages doing very informative shows on local radio and tv but then the big guns called and offered him a national broadcast and he become one of the most known fishing identities in the country. But this came at a massive cost to his local reports and credibility in Victoria, some still liked him but many hated him and his information became more about selling something than about showing good fishing spots or techniques.

Over a few beers one night the discussions got a bit heated and the word "sellout" might have been mentioned on more than one occasion but as he pointed out to us, without "selling out" and bowing to the pressure of his sponsors he didn't have a show where he could do what he wanted. The sponsors allowed him to angle for a living and they allowed him the freedom to show fishing, not always the way he wanted but show it on national tv.

We may not always like these shows or their presenters but someone has to pay for the one little nugget of information we get from them and for that reason alone these sort of things will always be adverts. But the best thing about Rex, Pat and a few others is that with national broadcasting rights even the $30 DVD appear on tv at some stage and while any quoted prices might go out of date the information rarely does. Pat is a goose but he didn't get where he did by driving a Cortina on a paved driveway all his life.

I'm sorry but I cannot stomach Pat Callinan. I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but he's not TV ready, he's too dorky. He's so much like Russell Coight I just can't take him seriously.

He's over sincere. I wish he'd speak like... "Yep, we went to this old place out the back of buggery, it wasn't too bad I guess, but I wouldn't write home about it" Instead of " We visited this fascinating old village, that was full of colourful characters. Unfortunately, Father Time was against us, and we had to leave, but, oh boy, did we have a great time"

All Aussie Adventures, time to hit the road ...

Nissan must spend quite a few bucks in advertising and sponsoring the various shows on telly. Ol Pat Callannnnannan, 4 x 4 Adventure, most of the caravan & camping related shows, blah blah. They certainly seem to give away quite a few cars as prizes. I suppose if they save as much as they reportedly do on warranty...........

and hence why servicing and spares are so exxy

All Aussie Adventures - Russell goes to the tip.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=SCx3WVOXR6A[/YT]

OT,

If it makes you feel any better, I had been thinking about spending $99 on the series of DVD's by the "Gall Boys". although for that price you get 8 DVD's, 2 stubby holders, a soundtrack DVD (which you could give to someone as a joke) & a T-shirt for polishing the car.

They might be full of ads as well & I realise that they are promoting Kedron.

No success to date finding them on my usual site :wink:

Last edited:
Ahh I wish they just stuck to product placement. Adds shit me. But business is business right.

No ads mate and very little product placement (at least compared to the others) the sons stir the shit out of the old man, watching him go off is the best part!

Bear in mind a couple of them are very old and a quite amatuer. They only did a trip every couple of years. Watch the latest ones first.

Saw a bit of one of their dvd,s poured diesel into i think the old mans cruisers exhaust shite load of smoke made him think it dropped its guts

Latest posts

Back