Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gee after his quickfire 100 I thought he might have got a bit further than that by now after all he's been batting 3 hours today hasn't he?

Might have needed a warm up.

How did the trip down to lakes go this year, eating plenty of blue green algae fish?

How did the trip down to lakes go this year,

the bans were lifted when we got there, tho not for crabs, prawn or mussels...bad :rant: cause there was some good size prawn running, sparodically tho.
weather was topsyturvy but ok for a relaxing holiday..
fish were on and off, tried everything tho there, did ok and plenty off fresh fish for meals.
Tyers fished well for good duskies and a few bream,
pettmans was dead early on in the week but for a salmon school in close for some lure tossing and a few fish to 2 or so kg,
Eastern beach fishing well for salmon to a kilo...no gummys
and on the lake around Kalimna fished well in the channel at dusk for some nice KG and duskies but not during the early hours'
other than that relaxing, food , cold bevies and lots lots 'o' sweet young things to oggle.

Perfect.

And the bus...she performed beautifully,
with only less mileage on the way home with the local diesel fuel, lost about 100k's.

:cheers!:

Happy on holidays at the moment so had time to watch the last of the DVD's that came with my free subscription to 4WD Action.

I had thought they were yotacentric but there has been plenty of Nissans & in fact this last one (quite a few months old) had 3 Patrols and an old NL Pajero with not one Toyota in sight. No hang on I lie, Ruthy was doing an ad for something & Otis came on the screen.

Nissan must spend quite a few bucks in advertising and sponsoring the various shows on telly. Ol Pat Callannnnannan, 4 x 4 Adventure, most of the caravan & camping related shows, blah blah. They certainly seem to give away quite a few cars as prizes. I suppose if they save as much as they reportedly do on warranty...........

Enough rrrubbish from me.

We bought one of those Pat Callinan DVDs and it was more of an infomercial than a 4WD video. Bored the piss out of me, made me never want to go see the places he went to ... we decided that we'd never get another or we'd not want to go travelling anywhere.

All of those shows are infomercials, if it wasn't for the sponsors paying to show their crap there would be no show. Gone are the days of shows like the Leyland Brothers where product placement existed but nowhere near as prominent and as frequent as it does today.

If it wasn't for people like us buying Nissan's (of any description) people like Mr 4x4 wouldn't have a show. If it wasn't for people buying mods from ARB, Ironman or any number of the sponsors there would be no show. The one thing that can be assured is that no matter how it sounds or looks to the end viewer when advertising of any kind exists all these shows are all just long infomercials.

I record the Pat C shows on the telly & after watching a couple, I actually began to enjoy it. Maybe some sort of masochist?

When it comes to the ads, I just close my eyes & think of England, trying to keep in mind that if it wasn't for the ads, half these shows wouldn't be produced.

It is almost comical when the ads are disguised in some sort of half arsed fashion. A bit like listening to the footy or whatever when they scream something like, "Ooohaahh that must be the Haaaarvyyyy Normaaan goal of the day" WTF that has to do with the price of fish is beyond me.

Hmm maybe the All 4 Adventure lads crapping on about their EFS, Waeco, TJM, Roo Systems, BFG, Back Widow, etc etc etc equipped Nissan Patrol has a little more relevance? :cheers:

Bugger,

Mr Krafty beat me

Don't let that rumour get around :sarcastic:

The thing is that all media is biased in some way, 4wd mags protect their major advertisers by writing mostly positive articles about each product and tv shows do mainly good reviews of those who pay them to keep the show on air. Any one who thinks editors, story writers or tv hosts are endorsing products out of the goodness of their own heart is in La La Land, these people may in fact like the products they review but they are reviewing them because they are paid to do so.

The ability to read between the lines and pick the polished turd over the useful information which is usually hidden there somewhere is the difference between watching these paid adverts and throwing a brick through the TV.

Latest posts

Back