New member, yd25 D22 owner

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony.HIGGO

Reaction score
Just want to say hi,
I’m a new member and have owned a D22 (2008) Jap built STR for the past four years. (I’ve named her Nelly)
I’m just trying to keep it on the road and going. Over the last few years I have developed a soft spot for the ol’ girl and am tying my best to get her to be the best she can be.
Stuff I’ve done to her so far is; installed duplex timing chain, 3” exhaust, egr delete, new suction control valve, snorkel, 2” lift with new upper and lower control arms, new injectors and a few little things here and there like fixing my blower motor fan speed resistor and a new CarPlay sound machine.
There are heaps more things I want to fix and replace but it’s budget dependent.
Anyway cheers.

Just want to say hi,
I’m a new member and have owned a D22 (2008) Jap built STR for the past four years. (I’ve named her Nelly)
I’m just trying to keep it on the road and going. Over the last few years I have developed a soft spot for the ol’ girl and am tying my best to get her to be the best she can be.
Stuff I’ve done to her so far is; installed duplex timing chain, 3” exhaust, egr delete, new suction control valve, snorkel, 2” lift with new upper and lower control arms, new injectors and a few little things here and there like fixing my blower motor fan speed resistor and a new CarPlay sound machine.
There are heaps more things I want to fix and replace but it’s budget dependent.
Anyway cheers.
Hey Mate,
Seems like a good list so far.
Keep up regular oil/ filter changes
Change the air filter regularly aswell.
Definetly a couple majors.
Welcome to the forum

Hello mate,
I have a 08 D22 with the Yd25 too, you wanna kiss? :p
What month is yours man?
How good does that exhaust sound in the low revs though, hey? Mine could sooth you to sleep.

Is the Duplex chain worth that extra cost? At a quick glace it looks like it's almost 5x the price of a regular kit.

Also my uneducated suggestion would be to look at getting the brace for the Idler arm, heavy duty centre drag link, oversized tie rods and a steering damper kit maybe. That is my list of to-dos...
Cheap 33" muds on big balloony 15's with a 2" lift has destroyed my steering and suspension.. and frame.
Hopefully they'll save some headaches.

Hello mate,
I have a 08 D22 with the Yd25 too, you wanna kiss? :p
What month is yours man?
How good does that exhaust sound in the low revs though, hey? Mine could sooth you to sleep.

Is the Duplex chain worth that extra cost? At a quick glace it looks like it's almost 5x the price of a regular kit.

Also my uneducated suggestion would be to look at getting the brace for the Idler arm, heavy duty centre drag link, oversized tie rods and a steering damper kit maybe. That is my list of to-dos...
Cheap 33" muds on big balloony 15's with a 2" lift has destroyed my steering and suspension.. and frame.
Hopefully they'll save some headaches.
Duplex chain is expensive, it’s just peace of mind. I’m lead to believe that if you tow you should get the duplex, I’ve also been told they could last almost twice as long?? I spoke to Daniel from yd25.com and ended up getting the kit through them.
I’ll look at the steering stuff when I have extra cash, I’m running factory size 30”s muds.

Latest posts

Back