How you know if Thai built???

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spanish trucks have the roof mount antenna for the radio and Thai trucks have them in the cowel at the base of the front windscreen
This is for the D40 only.
D22 were never built in Spain !!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
My truck is ST-R 2.5CR. Yeah my aerial is off the base of windscreen and runs the same direction as the windcreen pillar. not roof mounted

I you have black sports bars on a d22 its Japanese. Only Kate 2011 and early 2012.
STX king cabs are Thai build also.

If its a Thai D22 then it is obvious. Nothing fits together, parts fall off and it handles like a franklins trolley.

Long tub and plan alloy sports bar its Thai built. If its has long tub and black sports bar its hap built. If its has short tub and silver bar its also hap built.

As for the Thai built.models and nothing fitting it is pretty much correct. I've had nothing fall off yet and mine handles alright

had this argument with the numptie at 4wd shop yesterday he reckons my brand new 2012 d22 is thai built and they use to be built in spain. (numptie) is there any difference in towbars and bullbar mounts from thai to spain?

No Spain built d22. Only jap and Thai. Built plate will tell you. Late 2011 or maybe even early 2012 cough be Thai built. Black sports bar is a usual give away

Just checked the engine plate to make sure. Ha ha that's by I haven't noticed any issues with my truck. It's actually Jap build, that puts my head to rest :p

Got told this morning that the d22 are moved back to thailand for production now. they only went to jap cause of the floods in thai and now there back there instead of japan. i got a new jap one dont know if thats a good thing or not

I would find it strange that they would be vastly different? Considering I am sure they would get all the same parts and build instructions.

Latest posts

Back