D22 yd25 hunting

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Doyle

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I'm having problems with my2011 navara D22 yd25 Japan build 161000klm I first noticed slight hunting on start up. And when you take off a lot of top end rattles under load. Until you reach running temp & then runs normal no rattle hunting not noticeable.
She has had clutch and double row upgraded timing chain at 130000klm. So I read on your site it could be scv so I had it replaced driving home I was giving her a bit hit second and acceleration died had to pull over pressed accelerator flat then it really slowly reeved up. So I turned off turned back on and it drove home. In the morning it wouldn't start. Finally got started straight back to mechanic he has had it for week and a half with no word. Has anyone else had a similar experience.
Regards Scott

Don't quote me, I've read that your SCV can be put in upside down.? 180 turn may fix it? Or a fuel pump reset

Hi Manning
Thanks for your help I will give it a try.
Regards Scott
Just spitballing, 100% not mechanical advise.

When was the last oil change?
Was the same oil viscosity used?
Just thinking why it's better when it's warmer.

May or may not help with the rattle but some decent in fuel injector cleaner aswell.

Just spitballing, 100% not mechanical advise.

When was the last oil change?
Was the same oil viscosity used?
Just thinking why it's better when it's warmer.

May or may not help with the rattle but some decent in fuel injector cleaner aswell.
Hi thanks for all your support and advice.i noticed slight hunting about 157...klm so I did a full service all filters water separator. Always use magnatec diesel 15-40 since 30...klm. Nothing changed still rattle when cold and hunting. So I put injector cleaner & Molly oil additive. Little better but still hunting rattles less. Clear hosed fuel pump to check for air nothing. Mechanic couldn't notice it. Checked forum found scv could be fault also noticed oil tube leaking so got mech to replace them both. Then it played up driving home so went straight back. He has had it for two weeks. Told me he had part coming.
Hopefully it's not a $3500 part.
Regards Scott

Attachments

• IMG_20230612_092743420.jpg
    IMG_20230612_092743420.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Dirty or damaged injectors can cause a rattle on cold start up, especially under load, that may go away when the engine heats up. Dirty injectors can cause hunting as well. You say the issue improved a little after you used injector cleaner, which also points towards dirty injectors.

Dirty or damaged injectors can cause a rattle on cold start up, especially under load, that may go away when the engine heats up. Dirty injectors can cause hunting as well. You say the issue improved a little after you used injector cleaner, which also points towards dirty injectors.
Hi Kevin
Thanks for your help I will check them out.
Regards Scott

I use Fuel Doctor additive in every tank, got rid of the hunting. cleans everything from tank to tailpipe with better milage on a long trip.
Hi Billy
I use to do the same. Probably need to keep it up slacked off penny pinching last year.
Regards Scott

Latest posts

Back