X- Ray 220mm. Anyone using these ?

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Working the Island run it was 11pm till 11am 400+ ks and about 42 stops a night then when I moved back here it was 12:30am till 10:30am 200 ks and about 27 stops a night. Permanent nights 6 days a week 7 when casuals didn't turn up.

I've nodded off a few times but only once actually fallen asleep. Doing the Island was different though, it was a long and strenuous run where as down there my 10 hour shift used to get me 2-3 hours sleep most days and on a Tuesday or Sunday I could mange nearly 5.

Ah righto.

I do about 140km's a day but about 8 or so stops to the Telstra sites.

Dave.

new to the forums just spotted this thread, been using 3x xray 220mm spots in H.I.D blue lense, they are brilliant give out white light which can be seen for k's, with water proofing if submerged they will leak as the wiring is through a rubber grommet, - sikka will fix that, strong built, came with clear protective covers and locknuts, picked them up cheap through work usually retail for $700 each -220mm H.i.d, also have fancy l.e.d.s behind the x-ray logo on the front - can be wired to parklights..
few pics..
http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa340/str86/navara/IMG_0246.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa340/str86/navara/IMG_0247.jpg

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa340/str86/navara/IMG_0248.jpg

Cheers mate, kinda info I was after.

How do the Xray HID converted lights go compared to the HID units ?

Any tips about where is the cheapest to buy ?

Dave.

if you get the britax hid conversion kit and fit it to a standard halogen xray spot( which was what i did and save $$), its the same as a original hid xray spot and will give you the same light, they are the same construction and they use pretty much the same ballast and hid globes..

my work sells them if you are located in perth, ( Deering Autronics )
h.i.d around $700 each
converted around half the price

Na I am in NSW.

Got a link to your work ?

For the info you gave I am happy to buy them off them.

Cheers mate.

Dave.

I do about 140km's a day but about 8 or so stops to the Telstra sites.

Man you could do that in a D40 and still cut hair :eviltongue:

I used to stop and every milkbar, general store, servo, take away store and supermarket I passed, was bloody annoying most days but like any job if you get on and do it and don't bitch about how hard it is or how someone else has it easier then you get the job done.

I bet those wonderful LED's in the driving lights make a huge difference, even wired to the parking lights they'd be worth more in a wanking contest than anything else. I'd rather pay for a set of lights that work effectively than ones that look pretty and unless your trying to track wildlife in another state just how far away a set of lights can be seen is pointless, you need them to see what your going to hit in the next 2 seconds not the next 2 minutes.

Each to their own but as far as I'm concerned who's lights can shine the brightest and who's lights can been seen from the furthest away is really a refinement on the two kids in the toilet block seeing who can get up the wall the furthest.

Id rather see a roo or wombat way before I hit it, especially at 100km/h.

I have found the HID lights better then Halogen for fog aswell.

Come on Krafty, get a set aswell.

Dave.

As much as I used to drive at 100 in the truck at night I wont do it in any car I own. Sure there's the whole argument that Mr Roads Authority says I can drive at that speed but that doesn't mean I have to. I've seen roos bend steel bars into radiators and worse, I don't care if others want to drive at 100ks on country roads but I'd rather drive slower and cut down the risk to myself and my passengers.

Everyone plays a different fiddle and everyone likes to think they can play their own fiddle better than someone else but for me out on country roads with dense bush either side of the shoulder you'll never convince me that having MCG lighting is the best or only factor in avoiding wildlife.

It depends on the area, you have been to Cessnock. Head out to Wolimbi and there is a back road that goes to Singleton. Its a 100km/h zone but some spots late at night your asking for trouble doing more then 60km/h.

However other areas I will happily sit on 100km/h at night.

Dave.

I'll sit on the highways at 90-95 at night but there is no way I'll sit on country roads which in many cases shouldn't even have 100k limits on them in daylight. Most of the roads around here have 50 - 100 foot gum and oak trees within 10 feet of the shoulder and where the trees aren't close together there is bushes. We have some open areas where there is no trees and stuff but even those aren't clear of wildlife because it's amazing just how much wildlife out there is nearly invisible in the dark and no amount of light makes them visible, the only hope you've got is driving and looking for eyeballs reflecting

Yeah alot areas around here are the same but the councils are starting to widen the roads.

About time to.

Dave.

Our council grades the shoulder so it's flat and then slice into the table drains and dig out too much so the dirt all falls into the drains and leaves the water no where too flow. Our council also works by the state law of only taking out trees that are a set distance from the road and it's something stupid like about 12 feet, which is all good and well in a thunderstorm when the tree that's coming down is 100 feet high.

Most of our council are too stupid to even realise there is wildlife on the road to be concerned with how it all effects drivers. They were all caring about wildlife after the bushfires but now that's old news and the morons rarely cut back road side growth which creates feeding zones for the wildlife and potential accidents for drivers, the trouble is they've all got their shiny castles in the air and can't look down at the rest of us.

Going by the past here it will take a few people to get killed on the road before they will look into it.

Dave.

We've been bloody lucky there has been very few deaths around here because of the roads or the maintenance most have been attributed to speed and stupidity which has saved the council a lot of grief but it's only a matter of time because there is a lot of near misses and prangs still happening.

There are deaths up here all the time because of the shit roads, next time your up near the power stations between Muswellbrooke and Singleton count the cross's.

Dave.

For some reason we don't have death sticks on the roads here, we get a few road side flower pots but SA and WA (not sure about other states) have this fascination for death sticks, red for injury and black for death.

Apart from anything I reckon it's a road hazard for other drivers. There was a fatal accident 2 mins from my inlaws place in Perth and the family erected this cross and flowers and stuff but they also treated the place like a bloody shrine and for the first few weeks held candle lit vigils sitting in the grass at the busy t intersection with the car parked on the traffic island. I understand people handle grief differently and some times it takes time to get over people but it's a friggen busy road and even if the accident happened there doesn't mean it automatically becomes a shrine.

Those crosses are everywhere in the hunter valley.

You would of driven the Golden highway I am sure, there are a fair few on there to.

Dave.

Latest posts

Back