Upper Ball Joints for D40 2009 Spanish Model

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ewood11

Reaction score
Hi all, just following on from a few posts I have done recently about th esuspension on my D40. I'm pretty sure that my upper ball joints are the issue at the front.
So i went online to purchase some.
Then I checked in my Haynes manual to see how to change them. In the manual it says you cant and have to purchase the whole upper control arm?
Has anyone else had this query?

Hi all, just following on from a few posts I have done recently about th esuspension on my D40. I'm pretty sure that my upper ball joints are the issue at the front.
So i went online to purchase some.
Then I checked in my Haynes manual to see how to change them. In the manual it says you cant and have to purchase the whole upper control arm?
Has anyone else had this query?
You can purchase UCA ball joints for Spanish and Thai D40's. I purchased 25mm extended UCA ball joints and installed myself on my Thai D40. You need a ball joint press to push the old ones out and the new one's in. The press tool is available for about $70 on eBay.

My understanding is the difference between the Thai and Spanish is the Thai ball joints are pressed in from the top whereas the Spanish are pressed in from the bottom. Also the Thai is slightly larger diameter.

These extended ball joints are listed for Spanish D40's

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/293280086227?epid=22034220012&itmmeta=01J1Q52MR76CEA5XQMVTQQ13CT&hash=item4448daf8d3:g:76QAAOSwwjVez6DL&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAABAKJOsSQNhAjaXrw/k+FkQGPnS6KPbxPMAIBQBD7FIy0j1Vx9AC6pVPWcsI9Fqbw1wZarf46QzaOCYdxBgYSZsEMdzDw4IXvhUKd1kjXRvhHF/07lfS/nvG/GDrLNtO+Jp0qTfIVSsGHtDxB84IAziDcdXTnhl1yJKOfotDjyBanjI5KYejVnSciy1ccxnsJODpI+GRtb+8ju2PDUeTjXyRY6XuH8elYM7H6icIdBOa0qtlvsBQhmqtiIUshTYWMtZYShxmcPffP3fRa8FLme7MIYw6odKhHh/6W6kX+ygXAIl0ImyNMAHGVE85I94SdBhc4dVnymfG9bgCm6CTg17/k=|tkp:Bk9SR6rMiuWNZA

This is for the Thai but it's the same other than pressing them down to remove and up to install whereas the Thai is the other way around.

Latest posts

Back