Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
8 years and as to whether it's worth repairing that is the $450 question. On the one hand the repair cost hasn't gone up since three years ago when it was last done so maybe it wont go up again for another 3 years if that's all the time these chips last. On the other hand while it is a 100mHz tv it's not HD and I have to use one of three PVR's to get a digital signal since they are turning our analogue signal off next month. I've got 3 other CRT tv's around here all with set top boxes on them so it's not even like I need it as a spare but it does seem like a real waste throwing out something so big because on one shity IC

She seems to think since my suppliers stock it it's a business expense therefore we (as in the business) can afford to put a new TV in our (as in her) lounge room. Looks like a trip down to the big smoke on Monday.

I was in Sydney today and heading back tomorrow.

Melbourne is a better place then Sydney.

Gotta agree there, I lived in Sydney for 2 years purely because of the dollars and how much work Y2K brought with it but I can't say I ever really liked it. For me Melbourne's not much better and after 3 stints living in Melbourne I'm glad I don't live there any more too.

If I could retire now id be heading up the Valley with up 5000 people in the area.

I dont even like Newcastle as its to busy.

We've got more than 5000 people around here but there is still no way I'd be giving this up for city living anymore. Can't bloody afford to give it up now, we are going to be farming until we are 360 years old the way it's going.

If I could retire now id be heading up the Valley with up 5000 people in the area.

I dont even like Newcastle as its to busy.

We've just bought a new house, Dave. 2200 people in this town.

LOVE it. You'll have to come see it one day - we'll be here next weekend as well (we're here now, but leaving early in the morning).

Not moving in just yet - got a few things to sort out then we'll rent it out for a couple of years while we're saving cash for our retirement.

I know the town you love.

If I get a ADSL job out there with your name, Ill let you know when I get it.

Having a house warming Tony ?

Tony remember that day we were up near Liverpool Plain's.

Thats where Id be going.

Beautiful place.

Not quite having a house warming because we're not moving into it straight away.

That area north of Merriwa is bloody beautiful, it really is. Park yourself up on top of a rise near the foot of the ranges and you've got a view to die for, and no chance of being flooded out.

Not quite having a house warming because we're not moving into it straight away.

That area north of Merriwa is bloody beautiful, it really is. Park yourself up on top of a rise near the foot of the ranges and you've got a view to die for, and no chance of being flooded out.

What range of quacks does it have?
Or can you hop the train to Newcastle?
Most places are nice until your health goes south.

What sort of access to medicos has this place got? If Dave likes it there is still paved roads, kerb and channel and lovely white picket fences so surely it can't be that bad.

It's the kind of neighbourhood I live in, just not as closed in as you sardines down in the big smoke.

The kind of country Dave's talking about is up the Liverpool ranges west of Willow Tree and north of Merriwa. Houses are far enough apart that you can't necessarily see them and can't hear what they're doing unless they're adding nitropil to it.

It's not quite RFDS country though.

We used to describe the area I grew up in as far enough away not to hear domestics but close enough to hear a cry for help.

Latest posts

Back