Random Chat Thread

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And you don't think your dribble is good enough to compete in this world....I think you've just proven it is.

Look at that I turn away for a few minutes and you're back to talking about packages and insertions.

1mW...:confused2:

they start here at 300mW up to 500mW

You put a few of those together and aim them all at the same point and you've got a laser that can cut through metal and wood with ease.

As long as the beams are properly collimated, you just turn one on, aim it properly, turn it off and repeat for all the others, then whatever you put under the target will pretty much suffer rather badly when you turn them on.

We are talking semiconductor lasers, like gallium arsenide, and not CO2 or synthetic ruby, yes?

Sounds to me like the old Class IIIb. Undistorted reflection is just as dangerous as direct contact with the eye, and 0.01 of a second of exposure to the eye can cause permanent - and irreversible - damage.

Get some green glasses (532nm is in the green section of the visible spectrum - glasses will appear to be orange). Some of the laser pointers generate 808nm light as well as 1064nm (infra-red) light to produce the final output colour, but the infra-red laser may still be present and will pass straight through the protective glasses causing damage anyway.

Depends how expensive the laser is. If it's a cheapy, it's probably using the multi-wavelength source to produce the output. It will cause light burns on the skin even through protective glasses, and blindness regardless. It's something to take great care with. It's also something to keep well away from children or anyone who's had alcohol or other recreational chemicals.

Keep your neck out of it then!

....and stop sending us your bloody rain, we've got 600 head to tag, weigh and scan into the system before Jun 31 and we are too precious to work in the rain.

Latest posts

Back