NP300 7 speed auto oil change (flush)

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It pays to measure total volume of oil removed in the 3 step flushing of oil and ensure that the same volume is returned to gear box..

Do not rely on the level of oil being correct by draining box oil via the “level fill tube”.. In my case before I did anything I opened the level filler plug and measured the volume of oil that came out of gear box. To my surprise it was 1500ml.

The gear box was working correctly without any gear change difficulty. According to Nissan procedure, my gear box had 1500ml too much oil?

If it is working correctly stick with the same oil volume.

This makes filling of the gear box difficult through the filler plug on bottom front of the sump. The plug half way up the rhs of gear box has to be removed (after good cleaning of dirt). The plug is held in place with a long 10mm bolt. Loosen only enough to lift and swing sealing plug out of way. I used a long plastic hose connected to a funnel in the engine bay to add oil. No need to replace cap (until finished) as I had no oil escape while running engine.

This issue may be unique to my car. Just approach with caution.

Latest posts

Back