Nissan to enter V8SC in 2013

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What was in the Ford Sierra that Dicko ran? It was a 16V engine with a Garrett T31 turbocharger but I can't find the capacity, I thought it was 2L. And that was in 1987, 1988. Jim Richards didn't come along with the Nissan until 1989, he was in a BMW M3 in '88.

Bastard about the Nissan (for everyone else) wasn't just the grunt it had. It was also that it was all-wheel drive and could hammer off the mark without wheelspin, and in the wet had massive acceleration advantages over the rear wheel drive cars.

are you saying now holden and ford will build QOHC V8's or is it going to be like the bad old days like turbo v normaly aspirated...BOOOOOO.

Depends if they want to build QOHC V8s. Arguably with some creativity the old beasts will be able to match the output.

is it going to be like the bad old days like turbo v normaly aspirated...BOOOOOO.

I can only dream that it will be. Throw some excitement back into this stale old "regulated" V8 farce. (I love my Holden V8's, don't get me wrong). Too bad the manufacturers can't show their engine manufacturing strengths/technology like the old days, yeah I know, :deadhorse2:

Obviously still playing their cards close to their chest but speculation is good.

Nissan V8 possibiltity.

Also more speculation the Dunnydoor V8 is going back to the US and maybe even into NASCAR in 2013, but I doubt there's any official words on that yet.

Nismo being involved heavily is a nice clue....

The biggest issue will be under the bonnet, where Nissan has received permission to use a V8 engine with overhead cam technology – a step ahead of the pushrod V8s employed by the Holden- and Ford-backed teams.

Dave'll like that too......

Nissan must be handing bucket loads of dollars at Kelly racing if they are talking maybe having 6 cars, up until now its only been 4. They can barely run 6 competitive cars as it is unless Nissan are feeding them a heap more than Holden have been I can't see there being much benefit in 6 cars for Nissan.

Depends if they want to build QOHC V8s. Arguably with some creativity the old beasts will be able to match the output.

cmon...some of you guys really are living in your own closed little nissan world.

^^^^shite

they dont need to build ohc engines to match...and what output are you refering too?

and anyway...there are rules on engine specs......its not an open (stuff any engine size/combo in)class

I can only dream that it will be. Throw some excitement back into this stale old "regulated" V8 farce.

(not specifically at you raywise)
it can only be a dream then if F1, say, stick some tricked up V12 Merlins in the cars....for some real excitment.
While we are at it...put some donkeys in the Melb cup race... ummm every football team must have 50% girls, etc, etc

If its stale, watch something else, I hate horse racing...I dont sit here bagging it all day and saying, put some donkeys in there to spruce it up.
V8 supercars as is F1 is what it is....if I doesnt suit, dont watch, dont whine like a spoilt brat, there's plenty of other classes of racing...shit there's even a class race for those overrated VW thingy's....porche cup or something or other.....
:deadhorse2:

Nismo being involved heavily is a nice clue....

Dave'll like that too......

I spose now, they'll have to include a "mid race service pit" so the nissans can do a cam chain and tensioner change....

Oh... and an oil change, cause nissan owners change their oil twice a much as everyone else...

:popcorn1:

Reading some of this forum it really makes you wonder how Nissan will handle pit stops. The Kelly boys will have to book their pit stop 3 weeks in advance, wait 3 days for the bits to arrive, then be told the bits ordered don't fit the car. When the right bits finally do arrive they will over charged for them before they can finally go racing again, and once out there it will last about 10 mins before they have to pull back into the pits and repeat the process. It's going to be hard to win races.

and dont forget, they'll have to have screen on their steering wheel with a direct access link to our forum to get all the correct answers..

Hmmm, wonder if they'll use 2T?

That's how the plan to save time. Todd and Rick will hunt for the answers before they come down pit lane. On the slow trek up the lane they will tell the techs what the problem is. The biggest problem is going to come when we are all on line talking shit (and asking those all important questions about tyres lifts and exhausts that have already been asked 1000 times) and the forum slows down, they'll have to do an extra lap with the pit lane limiter on just to get the answer.

(not specifically at you raywise)
it can only be a dream then if F1, say, stick some tricked up V12 Merlins in the cars....for some real excitment.
While we are at it...put some donkeys in the Melb cup race... ummm every football team must have 50% girls, etc, etc

If its stale, watch something else, I hate horse racing...I dont sit here bagging it all day and saying, put some donkeys in there to spruce it up.
V8 supercars as is F1 is what it is....if I doesnt suit, dont watch, dont whine like a spoilt brat, there's plenty of other classes of racing...shit there's even a class race for those overrated VW thingy's....porche cup or something or other.....
:deadhorse2:

You know, that's an excellent point.

It begs the question: what are V8 Supercars doing in terms of the competition itself? Are they moving away from the Red vs Blue format back to the touring car format, while retaining some limitations on vehicle specifications?

I guess we'll find out eventually. Who knows - Nissan have put their hat into the ring, where's Toyota? They aren't exactly newbies in the motorsport world:

470-toyota-gtone-c-ultimatecarpage.jpg

and yet they haven't seem to raised their hands for the V8s here. We know they have V8s, they blow enough bloody smoke as they take off from the lights to have a pair of V8s in their Land Cruisers.

Will Toyota join up as well?

It begs the question: what are V8 Supercars doing in terms of the competition itself? Are they moving away from the Red vs Blue format back to the touring car format, while retaining some limitations on vehicle specifications?

Yep...its going to go all pear shaped...we will all find out in the comming years.
The times are a changin.
Multicultralism has reared its head again.

Quote from that article.

"The car will then be tested against the rival Fords and Holdens to ensure performance parity - to make sure it is no faster or slower and there are no advantages due to the construction of the car"

Its no longer a motorsport with that sort of logic.

Funny how people can pick out that Nissan will be some how throttled but either don't know or conveniently forget that Holden were throttled because Ford couldn't compete not that long ago.

Latest posts

Back