Newbie looking to do a couple of mods

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lucksta23

Reaction score
Hey all,

I have just recently purchased a 2010 d40 st and I am looking at doing a couple of mods to it. The first 2 are a lift and a dual battery. I have done a little research on both and I'm thinking of going with the monster rides suspension set up, but I'm still trying to find out what the best and most cost effective way to go about a dual battery system. From what I have read it looks like I Need a dc to dc charger because of the computer stopping the alternator from charging once main battery is charged. What is the best set up. I am looking at getting the redarc bcdc 1220 ign charger.

Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks

hi and welcome to the forum
there are a lot of lift options
ime sure one of our d40 members will help out
i can personally reccomend the redarc bcdc 1220 as thats what i installed
i use it to charge 2x optima agm aux batteries and it does a great job
i can sit for 3 days running fridge,lights,inverter and laptop
my fridge is always in tray and always on
a dc to dc charger will also look after your batteries a lot better than a simple altermater/isolater charge
the ctec is also a great unit but about twice as big in dimensions
enjoy doing your own mods
but be warned
it can be adictive
cheers
sparra

Does anyone know if the bcdc 1220 works well in the 2010 d40 or do you need the newer one which is the bcdc1220-ign.

Welcome to the forum.

I think the 2010 ST will have the power-reducing alternator so the ign version would be the one you're looking for.

The best way to tell is to get a voltmeter onto it as you go for a drive. If it stays at 14+V while you're driving along, you can get the ordinary Redarc unit. If it drops back to 12V after a little while, you need the ign version.

G, day mate!

Welcome to the forum. Their is some fantastic advice on this forum regarding mods. Enjoy!

Regards,

RLI
:rambo:

Latest posts

Back