New Navy

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mudman

Reaction score
Hi all new to the forum. Have had a search around. After advice i am looking at a 2011 STX diesel in auto:rock:. What are people thoughts on these? any advice to be offered on what to look out for? Have had a look at the other brands but keep coming back to the navy. Others seem a tad overpriced! Im coming from a 01 st patrol so its a bit of a change. Look forward to hearing advice Mudman

Welcome to the forum.

I'm biased, as you might expect a few people on a Navara forum to be!

The auto is definitely the pick if you are towing anything at all. We've had ours off-road (sand, mud, river crossings) and it hasn't missed a beat. We towed a van around Uluru at Christmas and didn't have any heat issues.

The manual - like almost every other ute on the market today - has a dual mass flywheel and a clutch that just doesn't seem strong enough.

The 2011 models are either a 4-cyl 140kW or a 6cyl 170kW model. The V6 cruises nicely at 1700rpm on the freeway and the 4cyl sits at about 2000rpm, it does use a little more fuel than the V6 but I couldn't justify trading up, despite our desire to change to a heavier caravan - the 2.5L does just fine.

G'day mate,

I have a 2011 STX, the thing that stood out to me was the level of trim inside, we looked at a Hilux too but the mrs hated it.

Mine is the V6Diesel, so gets the 7speed auto, my previous one had the 4cyl Diesel & 5speed auto, both auto boxes work well & suit the motors their bolted up to, you won't be disappointed in either of them.

Only thing that lets it down for me is the ground clearance & exposed bits & bobs underneath.

But, I'd have bought a 130 Landrover defender if they did one with an auto

Thanks for the welcome guys should of stated that im looking at the 4 cylinder diesel. Would love the 550 but cant justify the $$.Have two mates with manuals and niether have had trouble. But after driving a new sr5 auto diesel for a while i liked it hence why i will go the auto. Will not be doing to much towing maybe a boat twice a year (for servicing) this will mainly be a vineyard ute as well as private use.

mate have a good look around before you buy one
Why's that? Have had a look at toyota sr5 (too expensive) ford ranger will be a old model or the new shape which looks like a hilux anyway! Tritons are just ugly! Like the new vw but a big ute and too expensive. holdens and isuzu have heard to many complaints about them. The navys are pretty well priced at the moment and have all the fruit so what would you reccomend?

Latest posts

Back