i have a d22 thinking of d40??

Nissan Navara Forum

Help Support Nissan Navara Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navdog_d40

Reaction score
hey guys im here coz u guys have the d40 so im asking you has it been good to you ? any problems i like the d40 but dont want to buy in to problems ...
the one im looking at is a 2008 white t/d stx manual.

tell me how your rigg is going cheers!

:wash_truck:

Yep mine was great traded it on a much slower, more expensive worse handling, fuel guzzling Patrol. Best decision ever.
The list of faults with my dud is too long, they're shit if you 4WD, Ok for picking up the kids, some shopping or towing a 6x4 trailer half loaded to the tip.

08's might have been the last to have the manual box issues (weak flywheel or something from memory, as search should answer it). Otherwise check for the two possible recalls, one for factory rims and one for the bonnet strap, there should be a sticker in the service book for both. If the bonnet one hasn't been done and there is more than 55kg's on the front (i.e.any bar) the cost will be yours to get it done unless a dealer is being nice.

There wasn't many other problems with D40's of that era but there was bad drivers who complained alot. Get the car checked by an independent mech and judge the purchase on what they say it will be worth more in the long run.

Well this one has a arb bulbar on the front comes with one year warranty ...
What do u mean bonnet strap?

Cheers

Not having a bar I can't remember fully but I believe those that needed the recall done got a strap that holds the bonnet down incase the hook and latch fails. Search for "Recall" in the D40 section you should get results on both recalls and they have pics and details.

Latest posts

Back